starting strength gym

Thread: RFL / Maintain Strength (Hopefully) / Stop being a fatass

Default RFL / Maintain Strength (Hopefully) / Stop being a fatass

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm 28, male, 6', 280lbs (starting) with around 35% BF. I'm a novice to intermediate lifter based off of Ripp's strength standards.

I've been on RFL (very slightly modified) for about 1.5 weeks now, and figured I'd start this log for a few reasons:
    • Show it can be done
    • Share information for those interested in trying
    • Keep me motivated
    • Have something to look back on when completed

I'm going to try posting a food log and measurements log in the form of google doc links below.

My goal is to stick true to RFL, with a total of 1 cheat meal a week, for one month (Jan 1 to Feb 1), at which time I'll re-asses and either go back on pure starting strength with nutrition to support those gains or continue on RFL until I am satisfied with fatloss / body composition.

If you have questions or anything you feel would contribute to someone trying this / reading this, feel free to post.

Default Food log

See here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=3&output=html

SS forum rules apparently forbid me from embedding the gdoc. If any admin would allow me to, or knows how, please let me know I'll send you the code.
    Last edited by z06dustin; 01-14-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Default General Log

The first 3-4 days were the hardest. Severe cravings for fruit and bread for me (before the diet I ate a lot of trailmix with fruit in it). I broke down once or twice and had a handful.

I also miss having milk a lot, I'm having a glass a week with whey on the 'carb loading' day prior to the workout.

I've started to tolerate cottage cheese. Before this diet I hated it, still don't like it, but tolerating it.

The biggest thing I like so far is the rapid results help keep me motivated and willing to endure the pain.

11lbs in ~15 days. The rapid progress really helps keep me motivated. Every now and again I hear a voice in the back of my head saying "I'll just go get some pizza, have one bad meal, and get back on it. One bad meal isn't going to mess up the diet that much."

I'm staying dedicated to my lifts, consequences be damned. I sneak out and take long lunches at work, because I teach one class, and am a student in two others, during the evenings after work. My viewpoint has shifted to "I'll lift if I have time" to "I'll lift so I have the energy to do all the shit that needs to get done."

My squats still suck, and I wish they didn't. Bench and DL still getting stronger, it's odd that I can't squat worth a crap.

starting strength coach development program
    BF now around 32%.