starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Super Awesome Texas Method Log

Post My Super Awesome Texas Method Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've decided to start posting my workouts because in some way this may be a good thing. I'm running a slightly modified version of TM after starting it about a year ago. It's been pretty successful so far as I've put on about 150lbs to my squat. I doubt the next hundred pounds will come as easy, but it will come.

Background- Age: 24yo Height: 6ft Weight: 290

Most recent workout: Volume Day

Squat 500 3x5
    Bench 340 3x5
    RDL 285 3x10
    Chins 5x5 bodyweight

Recovery Day

Hit the bag for a few minutes and jumped some rope to warm up.
    Saw a guy on the nearby basketball court with what appeared to be a dislocated knee being carted off by paramedics. It looked nasty and made me thankful that my chosen hobby is comparatively safe and such injury is unlikely.

Squat 395 2x5
    Press 225 3x5
    back extensions 5x10 bodyweight supersetted with 5x10 of curls at 95lbs.

Damn, that's strong. Good luck.

Welcome dude. I shall be checking you out. 500 3x5 squat for volume day sounds bananas.

Default Intensity Day

Squat 585x3
    Bench 5x1 395, 395, 400, 405, 395 I was only planning on doing 395 across, but I felt good, so I thought I'd get ahead of schedule and work up to 405.
    Deadlift 3x1 595

Power cleans: First time I had done these in several months. Form was awful. I'm barely flexible enough to make the catch, but I worked up to 265. I was mainly trying to find a weight that I think I can start to progress with.

High pulls 335 1x5

All in all it was a good session. Everything felt pretty good and things went up pretty easy.

Default Volume Day

Squat 500 3x5
    Press 240 3x5
    RDL 285 3x10
    Chins 5x5 with 25lb plate

Default Recovery Day

Squat 2x5 395
    Bench 3x5 275
    Back extensions 5x10
    Curls 5x5-10 115

Everything hurt today. Need to eat some more food, then I'll feel better.

holy fuck you're a monster

Default Intensity Day 2/22/13

Squat 590x3
    Press 270x3
    Deadlift 600x1
    I wanted to do three singles, but I barely got the first one and failed on the second. I think this may be to do to a lack of sleep this past week. It could also just be that I'm overdue for a stall and need to switch up my rep scheme. I'll try again next week and I'll see what happens.

Snatch: This is about the third time I've done snatches and so it wasn't pretty. However I did ten singles and managed to work up to 225, which was pretty good for me. I killed my knees on these though, so I guess time will tell if they are worth it.

starting strength coach development program
    On a side note, I lift in one of the recreation buildings of a large university and they have some pretty ridiculous rules as well as people who lift there. For example they instituted a new rule that gym bags are not allowed in the weight room and must be kept in the coin lockers. I guess they don't want people tripping over things. However, you are still allowed to bring in belts, wraps, and chalk and leave those strewn about rather than neatly packaged in a gym bag.
    The worst rule though, and the one that is least listened to, is that Olympic lifts and in fact any overhead lifts are not allowed. I've only seen this rule enforced once in this facility and I've thankfully never had a problem, but the fact that someone decided to hang some signs up means that I need to find a new gym before the shithead facility manager decides to get more serious.
    Last edited by YogSothoth; 02-23-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast