starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I add Olympic lifts into my program? Haven't been doing power cleans.

Default How can I add Olympic lifts into my program? Haven't been doing power cleans.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I was one of those guys who started strength training using the stronglifts program. I've since dropped the barbell rows and all my other lifts are getting to a decent weight. I've just built so much momentum that I have just kept on with linear progression coming up to the intermediate stage.

I've only been practicing and trying to get the form down with power cleans before I start adding weight. While I'm at it, I figure why not add the jerk? And snatches too because I like them.

until your lifting a decent amount of weight that might affect your main workout I see nothing wrong with using them as a warmup. The high frequency is what you need to become competent anyways. Also make sure your doing full cleans, power cleans are a nice variation but if your serious about learning olympic lifts then you need to prioritize a full clean.

So basically just rotate the lifts, one day use clean and jerk for the warmup and the next use snatch. If the weight your using starts getting close to that 50% range of your squat then you should start thinking about using some more intelligent programming.

I had been practicing them prior to doing squats and bench etc. I feel so fatigued sometimes after only a couple sets. Now I have been doing them after the workout.

The only issue with doing them at then end of the workout is olympic lifts should be explosive and usually go much better when your fresh. But then again if your getting fatigued after a few sets of sub 100lb lifts theres probably some other issues I cant help you with.

I watched your form checks though and these most recent ones are a great improvement from what I saw before. good job.

Quote Originally Posted by 250orBust View Post
    The only issue with doing them at then end of the workout is olympic lifts should be explosive and usually go much better when your fresh. But then again if your getting fatigued after a few sets of sub 100lb lifts theres probably some other issues I cant help you with.

I watched your form checks though and these most recent ones are a great improvement from what I saw before. good job.
    Thanks. As recent as those videos are, they are actually out dated at this point.

Are you the same "Amazing" from Pendlays forum? If you are then I'd suggest just putting up your form checks and programming questions up there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 250orBust View Post
    Are you the same "Amazing" from Pendlays forum? If you are then I'd suggest just putting up your form checks and programming questions up there instead.
    Yes I am.

http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthre...8044#post68044

I still don't think my form is good enough to start adding weight.

You're really doing yourself a disservice by not reading the SS book. All the issues that I see are clearly covered, the e-book is $10 on Amazon.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_k View Post
    You're really doing yourself a disservice by not reading the SS book. All the issues that I see are clearly covered, the e-book is $10 on Amazon.
    Please explain which parts I may have missed so I can go over it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast