starting strength gym

Thread: Thanks Rip

Default Thanks Rip

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Back in November I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes... after a month or so of doing all the dumb shit they tell you in diabetes class I wasn't having much luck. controlling it.

Long story short

Happened upon Dr Sullivan's article "Barbells are Big Medicine" , purchased your book, stopped fucking around with machines, and stupid high rep shit, and started lifting heavy weights, cut out carbs, except for around training, and dropped from 295 to about 265 at my last Dr appointment, where my bloodwork came back to nearly non diabetic levels.

Dr said he doesnt need to see me for 6 months and at that point I can probably discontinue medication if I keep progressing like I have.

Did the doctor ask you how this happened?

I told him... he warned me not to hurt myself LOL

I used to have a ton of difficulty with my back. It feels better now that I dont have a beach ball around my midsection....heavy deadlifts and squats fixed it right up. I am still puffy around the midsection, but my core is a hell of a lot stronger from using proper form, and adding weight to the bar in a linear progression.

I do the leangains thing just to limit calories, I dont believe in the metabolic magic, I just like eating 2 bigger meals rather than a bunch of little ones.

New blood work... a1C down to 5.7 from 6.3 in Feb. Barbells really are big medicine. Thanks again.