starting strength gym

Thread: Texas Method for me??

Default Texas Method for me??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy, I have been a looooong time lurker on this site, but haven't posted much.

32yo
    5'10"
    205lb
    Squat 405
    Deadlift 405, (always has been a problem lift for me. Short leg, long torso type, maybe)
    Bench press 300
    Press 205

I have been looking into the TM for over a year. I used GSLP for with multiple resets for the better part of the last 18 months and my 3x5 squat finished at 365. But my first week of TM was a dissappointment. Here is what happened:

Used 5 ascending sets for my first volume day from 290 to 325 (felt great). Light day was 2x5x 245. Intensity day was a hard 1x5x365.

My last 3x5x365 on LP felt good. But today was a tough 1x5. And my deadlift session did not go well either after the squats. I had just reset it and only did 365 for 1.
    Maybe I just had a bad day. But is it possible that TM is not for a busy 32yo.
    Sorry for the long post. Its just that Lifting in my basement is my outlet, it means a lot to me and I am at a programming crossroads here. Thanks in advance.

It could be that you were a little overtrained going into the TM from the grueling end of your LP. Sometimes that transition period is tricky. You are probably a good candidate for a split routine at this point, and at this point in your training something akin to the 531 program would probably work for you.