starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 Days of Grip (Toniy's Brand Spanking, Big Gripping, Dick Ripping New Log!)

Default 100 Days of Grip (Toniy's Brand Spanking, Big Gripping, Dick Ripping New Log!)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I will be gripping for 100 days straight.

Last time I worked my grip I could close a CoC #2.0 with both hands.

I will keep this log short and sharp - but will respond to any and all question in my usual Toniy / Dick Reference fashion.

TITLE EXPLAINED: The aim is to develop a grip so strong that I have to masturbate with mittens.

We begin in the next post...

Day 1

CoC #1.0

AM
    10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps

PM

10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps
    10 Reps

Plus expansion bands.

I'm looking into incorporating pinch work too.
    Last edited by Toniy; 05-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Nice,
    I don't have access to grippers, but I built a wrist roller and a plate loaded two handed grip machine recently.
    I'm a beginner.
    My current goal is 100x100kg using the gripper machine.

Nice Toniy! How did the whole tuna week thing go?

This is definitely something I'll follow. I have the CoC's and other grip items, but found the work to conflict with the DL and other grip dominant pulling exercises.

Have you ever had an issue with grip overtraining, as this was a big issue for me when I tried to hit all angles (pinch, extensor, grippers, reverse and regular wrist curls, finger curls, etc.)

Pignome - if I may ask, how did you end up building your two handed grip machine? Was it something you saw online, or did you improvise? It's another grip item I'd love to have, but buying one new from Ironmind is over my budget.

I built a plate loading "T-handle" using steel pipe last year, for doing two armed kettlebell swings (using the T-handle instead of the kettlebell).
    And this year I built a power rack.
    I was thinking about building a complicated grip machine recently, but didn't had time and budget to do it.
    And just a couple days ago I realized I can load the T-handle, place it under one of the safety pins of the power rack at the appropriated height, and voila, it makes a perfect two handed gripper machine!
    I do sets of 100 reps. just started with something not so easy or too hard, did 100x20kg for the first session. and train it twice per week.
    Just imagine what would happen when I hit 100x100kg.
    That's the simplest way to do it if you have access to a power rack (or something else around resembling the power rack's safety pin).
    But if you don't, and want to build a real grip machine, take a look at here, lots of good ideas.
    Last edited by pignome; 05-07-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pignome View Post
    I built a plate loading "T-handle" using steel pipe last year, for doing two armed kettlebell swings (using the T-handle instead of the kettlebell).
    And this year I built a power rack.
    I was thinking about building a complicated grip machine recently, but didn't had time and budget to do it.
    And just a couple days ago I realized I can load the T-handle, place it under one of the safety pins of the power rack at the appropriated height, and voila, it makes a perfect two handed gripper machine!
    I do sets of 100 reps. just started with something not so easy or too hard, did 100x20kg for the first session. and train it twice per week.
    Just imagine what would happen when I hit 100x100kg.
    That's the simplest way to do it if you have access to a power rack (or something else around resembling the power rack's safety pin).
    But if you don't, and want to build a real grip machine, take a look at here, lots of good ideas.
    Well, I've got a power rack and I could probably build a t-handle. I have built a steel pipe with a J-hook to allow me to load a ton of weight. I could use that with a t-handle (along with your idea of the safety pin off of the power rack) for my grip training. I would probably try to keep these workouts immediately after DL days so they wouldn't interfere with anything else.

I think I can find a way of building a t-handle somewhere on a diy type website.

Thanks for the idea.

It is really easy to make. just visit a steel plumper.

I swear to god I'm sorry about the shitty upkeep of this thread.

I AM tracking... but I AM also on the tail end of the year's biggest project (it'll be smooth sailing now until roughly 2014 ; ) )

I'll be back.......... I love you guys xxx

starting strength coach development program
    Ok time to stop being a faggot about things.

Here's how things have gone so far........... Ready?

Here's a post flood extravaganza!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast