starting strength gym

Thread: Texas method log - lets see how strong I can get

Default Texas method log - lets see how strong I can get

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys,

I thought I would start a log on here for some motivation and to get some tips and support from some of the great guys that frequent these forums.

I am starting the texas method program and hoping to consistantly add to all my of lifts.
    I had suffered through a knee injury for the past year or so resulting in my squat being all over the place. It has been so very frustrating because as soon as my squat reached a decent level again, my knee would cause me all sorts of pain :/

It has been feeling fine however recently so I am very keen to get into it and keep very consistant.

A little about me:
    Height: 6'3'
    Nationality: Australian (I mention this because of the use of the metric system)
    Weight: 112kg (246) [number will be falling]

Lifts (now these are all over the place as I had recently been working on increasing muscle density (read this as curling in the squat rack)). So instead of testing my 1 r.ms I will just post what I am intending to do for week 1 volume and intensity, keeping in mind I have lowered the lifts a little for progression sake.

Squat: 120 5 x 5 / 140 1 x 5 (264/308)
    Bench: 85kg 5 x 5 / 100 1 x 5 (187/220)
    Deadlift: 170kg 1 x 5 (374) Reset a bit to try and stop back rounding
    OH Press: 50kg 5 x 5 / 65 1 x 5 (110/143)
    Rows: 100kg 3 x 5 (220)

Week 1 volume
    Squat 120kg 5 x 5 (264) - felt very easy
    Bench 85kg 5 x 5 (187) - again very easy
    Chin ups 5 x 2 (in between bench sets) - impressed at myself here tbh, looking forward to seeing the reps go up

Drop by to say hi or follow along and offer advice I will post up some vids soon!

Week 1 Recovery
    Squat: 95kg 2 x 5
    OH Press 55kg 3 x 5
    BB Rows 100kg 3 x 5

Very easy workout tonight.

Week 1 Intensity Day

Squat: 140kg 1 x 5 (308) Very easy!
    Bench: 100kg (220) Again very easy
    Deadlift: 175kg (385) - Back is getting pretty rounded, need to work on my form. Please critique the video if you have any ideas!
    Dips: bodyweight (113kg - 248) 12,12,7.

Girlfriend was there to motivate me today and must say it was real easy hitting my lifts as I tried to impress her like always.

She had her workout yesterday and I might start logging her workouts on this thread as well soon.

Squat video

Deadlift video