Thurs
    Press 5x5
    Bench 5x10
    Chins 5 sets

Fri
    Snatch 6x3
    Deadlift 1x5
    Squats 5x10

1. Would I be better doing 3 sets on the second exercise on mon and thurs? Is 5x10 too much pressing after doing 5x5?
    2. For variety I'm thinking about adding rows. Rip's version of rows are pulled from the floor, should they be on a lower body day because of this? Where would they fit in on this program?

If you need to know I'm 30, 185lbs and 5'8"

Thanks

Yes, I think 3x10 is plenty on a barbell lift. Rows can be done on either day. Its often convenient to do them after deads or cleans since the bar is already at your feet. All you gotta do is strip some weight off.

You think it's "possible" to do 10 reps with the new style of pressing?

Ok thanks. I also have to do a bit of running for a work fitness test, so I have to do it. It's nothing spectacular, 7 on the beep test and some sprints. Where in my program should I put my training for this? I was thinking about doing some sprints twice a week, but I don't know where to put it so it doesn't effect lower body days.

Quote Originally Posted by quad View Post
    You think it's "possible" to do 10 reps with the new style of pressing?
    Yes, but I would do your volume work with the old style.

Quote Originally Posted by pbutch View Post
    Ok thanks. I also have to do a bit of running for a work fitness test, so I have to do it. It's nothing spectacular, 7 on the beep test and some sprints. Where in my program should I put my training for this? I was thinking about doing some sprints twice a week, but I don't know where to put it so it doesn't effect lower body days.
    If it were me, I'd try Weds & Saturday. I'm assuming the sprints are not "all out." Just for conditioning correct?

Yes, it's just a mix of 20-100 metre runs, enough to not have me puffing too hard during fitness tests.
    Just to clarify, is 3 sets across (as opposed to 5) enough for all barbell exercises with a 10 rep set?

starting strength coach development program
    Ya. I don't think I could hold 10 reps across with the same weight for 5 sets unless I am using a really light weight. Its hard enough to do it for 2 or 3 sets You would really need a descending rep scheme to manage 5x10 and not kill yourself.