starting strength gym
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russ Benedetto's Training Log

Default Russ Benedetto's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello everyone another newbie to SS

My main man, Russ! Brian J here from the seminar last weekend. Great to see you on here. Looking forward to watching your progress. Man, you are at the epicenter of training paradise there with that crew you have around you. Get it on, brother!

Glad you started a log, I'll better be able to follow your progress, brother.

Won't bore anyone with entering all my workouts since starting but will give the readers digest version and then try and be more diligent with future posts. A little history first; I had the pleasure if meeting Mark and Stephanie a few years back at a seminar following which my career in the club business took hold of my life and I let myself decrease in health and fitness level once again. I am now proud to say that has changed and look forward to my next seminar and who knows what the future will bring....
    My training started April 25 at 2 days a week with the following loads
    Squat 3X5 85lbs
    Press 3X5 70lbs
    DL 1X5 165
    Bench 3X5 110
    Yesterday now working 3 days a week for the past 2 weeks these were my numbers:
    Squat 3X5 155
    Bench 3X5 130
    DL 1X5 240

I am happy to be here and look forward to see everyone's progress

Thanks for the welcome big guy you are truly an inspiration and I had a lot of laughs here with you. We all look forward to the next time you come our way....

Today was prowler day empty for 2 laps, 20 for 2, 40 for 2, 70 for 2, 40 for 2, and then empty for 2 to finish.....my legs feel like ground beef LOL

Josh Wells is offline Starting Strength Coach
    big-O

Nice job Russ.

Default 5.29

Today was a strange day; along with all the inherent things that happen in business my Sister in-law Gillian had her wisdom tooth pulled; OUCH! It didn't look like I was going to get a workout in, and for the first time in my life I was pissed about that.....So I did manage to get in my squats PR 3X5 165# and running out of time I did 1X5 90# Press and 2X5 85# Press.... Will have to settle with the fact that I missed my DL's but will make up for that tomorrow. Still adding 30# a week to Squats and DL's and 15# a week to Bench and Press...See you tomorrow

Hell yeah, Russ!! The numbers are good, the mindset is awesome. . . you are going to be successful at this.... Booyah...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Benedetto View Post
    Today was a strange day; along with all the inherent things that happen in business my Sister in-law Gillian had her wisdom tooth pulled; OUCH! It didn't look like I was going to get a workout in, and for the first time in my life I was pissed about that.....So I did manage to get in my squats PR 3X5 165# and running out of time I did 1X5 90# Press and 2X5 85# Press.... Will have to settle with the fact that I missed my DL's but will make up for that tomorrow. Still adding 30# a week to Squats and DL's and 15# a week to Bench and Press...See you tomorrow
    Missing a workout because you were helping my wife is about the only acceptable reason I can come up with!

Thank you, brother.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast