• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Andy,

5' 8" 185
    46 years old male
    Lifting 3 years
    Texas method

I've been on a long cycle (~12 weeks) recapturing ground I'd lost over the fall/winter.

I went from 315x3 to 365x3 (10 pound PR for a triple) on my Squat ID. My goal was to squat 405x1. I tried Friday but missed. I also missed my DL on Monday (385x4 instead of 5) and then my bench was total shit Saturday.

Everything was going great (PR's for the last few weeks) and then the wheels fell off. I can only surmise that squatting volume and doing the Deads in 100% humidity on Monday crushed me and I haven't recovered. I've been taking extra days of rest here and there, but it got me.

The point: I need a deload/recovery week. I do not want to take too much time away from squatting because I have had bad experiences doing that. I lose ground very quickly. Abnormally so. I don't want to reset-- I want to come back and either repeat 365x3 or move to 370x2x2. If you told me to, I would take a little weight off the bar.

Last volume days:
    Squat: 290x5, 315x5x3 (3 sets of 5), 290x5
    Bench: 210x4x5 (five sets of 4) plus 170x10
    Wendler press: 145x5 (I Wendler press once a week and TM bench)

I need some deload advice to get me recovered to hit these same volume lifts (or the week or two prior?) and keep moving forward. No more backwards resets!

Sorry if this is too long. PM me if you want me to do a consult instead.

Nutrition: I'm eating Jordan's way for the last two weeks. I'm sure this is all his fault. ;-)
    NOT ENOUGH BEEF

I'd probably just do your regular week of lifting with a 5-10% deload across the board. Then come back and try and beat your PRs. Its not a guarantee, but its better than a long reset or just taking a whole week off