starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strongbalotelli's ss log

Default strongbalotelli's ss log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Started SS sometime ago, but my diet was wank. I started with a proper diet four days ago.

I did for squat. 165x5x2 and 165x2x1.
    After this I took a break.

I returned started doing two reps of 165 and it felt to heavy. I did some lighter set but my groin was hurting so I decided to move on.

Today's workout:
    Didn't do squats since I want my groin to fully recover. Might squat on thursday.
    Bench Press 140x3x3. Think I could have gone for some more reps, but I was the only one in my gym.
    Deadlift 155x5x1 felt a bit too light.
    177x5x1. I think during this weight my back starts bending. I'm going to bring something to video record with next time to see.
    Lat pull down machine chin up grip 55kgx10x1, 55kgx8x1, 55kgx5x1.
    Hammer curls 30x5x1, 25x10x1
    MP 87x5x2, 87x4x1. Half rep on last one.
    Started to feel really tired after the MP.
    Dips 6x1, 4x1.
    Skullcrusher EZbar with 17.5 on each side. 7x1
    Decided to stop here. Think I do too much accesory work and I'm going to only Squat, BP/MP and DL till I hit some serious numbers. Or should I add chin up and dips? How about power cleans?

Diet:
    Meal 1
    6x whole eggs
    100g oatmeal
    Banana
    Optimen
    Fish oil tablet

Meal 2
    Spaghetti
    Broccoli
    Chicken breast

Preworkout
    Musclepharm assault for the first time. Didn't feel any difference so I'll probably sell it to someone.

Meal 3
    Post workout shake
    50g protein from MP combat powder
    2x bananas
    1x apple

Need to go eat some more now.

Also played football for two hours doing some speed work. Kept at a low heart rate though mainly practiced technique.

Current stats:
    179 cm (think that is 5'11)
    Weight: 75.1 kg
    BF: think around 15%. Can see four abs.

Going to bulk up for six months and hopefully hit some really strong numbers.

Please read and comment.
    Cheers

Why the hammer curls & skull crushers?

Quote Originally Posted by strongbalotelli View Post
    Started SS sometime ago, but my diet was wank. I started with a proper diet four days ago.
    I could be reading this wrong, but it's looks like you said you're doing Starting Strength, but your program is totally different (lat pulls downs, hammer curls, etc.).

Didn't do squats since I want my groin to fully recover.
    I prefer light squats to none, as it stretches it out and gives it a reason to heal.

177x5x1. I think during this weight my back starts bending. I'm going to bring something to video record with next time to see.
    I just lean my phone against something at a decent angle. Not ideal, but good enough to see what I'm doing and troubleshoot my problems.

Lat pull down machine chin up grip 55kgx10x1, 55kgx8x1, 55kgx5x1.
    Hammer curls 30x5x1, 25x10x1
    MP 87x5x2, 87x4x1. Half rep on last one.
    Started to feel really tired after the MP.
    Dips 6x1, 4x1.
    Skullcrusher EZbar with 17.5 on each side. 7x1
    Decided to stop here. Think I do too much accesory work and I'm going to only Squat, BP/MP and DL till I hit some serious numbers. Or should I add chin up and dips? How about power cleans?
    Exactly. All the extra stuff is not useful at first, and will likely slow your progress on the lifts that matter. By MP, I'm assuming you mean Military Press. If so, just call it the press. And yes, power cleans should be added in. I don't want to presume, but it looks like you haven't read the book, and I would highly recommend doing so if that's the case.

Preworkout
    Musclepharm assault for the first time. Didn't feel any difference so I'll probably sell it to someone.
    Eh. I prefer Assault to other preworkout mixes, but in my opinion, none of them are worth it. They're not much (if any) more effective than straight caffeine, and they're WAY more expensive. I just use caffeine pills before I lift. You can get a bottle of 100 for under $6, or 200 for under $9. Compare that to Assault, where it's about $30 for a month's supply.

Current stats:
    179 cm (think that is 5'11)
    Weight: 75.1 kg
    BF: think around 15%. Can see four abs.

Going to bulk up for six months and hopefully hit some really strong numbers.
    It's 5'10.5," so close enough. If you do the program as it's written (that's important) and don't worry about losing some definition on your abs (you will), then you'll definitely get some good numbers. Good luck. Work hard, eat big, and enjoy the easy novice gains.

I've been working out for a year with shitty bro splits and some decent routines so my endurance is really good. I also play football(soccer) so after the deadlift and benchpress I still had a lot more energy.

I did some body weight squats, some lighter sumo deadlifts, stretching and foam rolling. The gym I was at today does not have a squat rack.

I was going to bring my phone but I couldn't use it cause it got heated up while tanning.

For the routines there are different variations.
    Do you reckon I should only do?
    Squat
    Press/BP
    Deadlift/Powerclean(when my deadlift gets higher)
    I think it would be efficient to add some rows, chin ups and dips for me.

Yeah I'm 179-180 so I think that 5'11 fits. I expect to lose ab appearance which doesn't really matter to me at this point. A skinny cunt with abs. Haha. I'm on a diet though with +3000 cals (500 above maintance). Getting at least 200g of proteins and 200g of carbs. Making them lean gains.

I don't know if any of you guys have experience with cutting but I want to be top fit for the end of may with around 8-10% bf. If I bulk up for six months and cut till may would that work? Or is that too long or short?

Quote Originally Posted by strongbalotelli View Post
    For the routines there are different variations.
    Do you reckon I should only do?
    Squat
    Press/BP
    Deadlift/Powerclean(when my deadlift gets higher)
    I think it would be efficient to add some rows, chin ups and dips for me.
    There are lots of variations online, but not in the book. Your setup with those exercises is close to the book though:

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press
    5x3 Power cleans

You can add in dips or chins at the end as assistance work, but drop rows. There's no use for them if you're doing power cleans.

I don't know if any of you guys have experience with cutting but I want to be top fit for the end of may with around 8-10% bf. If I bulk up for six months and cut till may would that work? Or is that too long or short?
    It's very individual, based largely on your metabolism and willpower. If, for one reason or another, I bother getting down to that level, it takes me one to two months. I generally don't stay there though, as I find that the level of food intake necessary for that level of bodyfat is not conducive to getting stronger. Again though, it's a very individual thing.

in the book it says

squat
    bp/mp
    dl
    for the beginner. i dont knwo where i am with my numbers

The deadlift instead of deadlift/power clean is just "until the freshness of the deadlift has worn off a little and the quick initla gains establish the deadlift well ahead of the squat." So start with deadlift and then add power cleans in a few weeks, if you're starting from scratch. It'll take some testing to figure out your numbers, but that process is in the book too.

I call Shenanigans

Shenanigans. What does that mean?

I'll upload videos from my next workout on friday so i can get some feedback. Might be saturday, since I have to fly for 15 hours so I might be too tired.
    Last edited by strongbalotelli; 07-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 1guy1cup View Post
    I call Shenanigans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast