starting strength gym

Thread: Utility Trailer Lift

Default Utility Trailer Lift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You know that I look for practical uses of strength training apart from just lifting barbells.

So I need an adjudication on a lift, a utility trailer lift to be exact, 6X4 steel trailer, single axle connected to the tow ball on the vehicle. Don't ask me what the mass is, probably between 300 to 350 Kgs. If I lift it from the back and both wheels are off the ground about 2 inches would you call that a legal lift?

I'm not saying I lifted 300Kgs,(thats impossible) but there has to be a some physics involved here. It is more of a rack pull as the bottom of the trailer is just above knee height.

Hope you do not mind me using your program for utilitarian purposes.

That's fine. At least we get some work out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's fine. At least we get some work out of you.
    I know your busy with the "Z" thing so I am taking this as an official sanction of the trailer lift. Yes!!! I can't provide proof of this, you will just have to take my word for it. What would be good of course if you had a certificate of some kind which said "This is a Starting Strength Certified Lift". But your word will do. Haa Ha. This has more value than a barbell lift, you want to know why? Because the neighbors say "Hey this idiot next door just lifted the trailer off the ground, he is going to break his back". My reply is "No!, but you can also lift your trailer if you did a little strength training".

He is an idea for a promotion of your Gym, get a few utility trailers out in the car park, hitch them up to a few pickups and to make it more of a challenge throw a couple sacks of wheat into the back of the trailers and see if anybody can lift them off the ground. Throw it in with one of your seminars. I am going for a coffee.