starting strength gym

Thread: Jordan - Please Comment on my diet

Default Jordan - Please Comment on my diet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Started doing SS about 3 months ago. I'm 180, 5'10", 32 years old. Looking for nutritional help. Besides SS I play basketball competitively on my rest days (3 days max).

Breakfast - 20oz whole milk, half serving of Isopure protein, pack of granola (200 calories/8g protein)

Snack - Vosk yogurt with half a cup of granola or 1.6oz of beef jerkey

Lunch - 6oz chicken breast, .5 cup of white rice, .25 cup green beans, .4 cup broccoli, 2 cookies (medium sized...normally chocolate chip)

Snack - 16oz bowl of fruit (Watermelon, pineapple, grapes, blackberries, blue raspberries, kiwi, mango. Pack of planters assorted nuts (250 calories/10g protein)

Dinner - Whole Publix philly sub or 3-4 slices cheese pizza (12 inch slices) or chipotle shredded beef bowl (white rice/black beans/tortilla) or 6oz breaded chicken breast with a serving of tator tots.

Dessert - 1cup of ice cream (300 calories)

20oz milk with .5 serving of Isopure, on workout days I do a full serving.

Just looking to get as strong as I can for basketball. I was just below 160 when I started, but I would not count the first month since I was working on my form, putting my gym together, and figuring out what I could eat during my long work day. So I have been able to add 20lbs in two months with all the basketball in-between. Any help would be appreciated......

It looks like your calories are fine and you look to be getting adequate protein, carbs, and fats. I'd just be looking to get at least 30g of protein at each meal, so maybe add some protein to your fruit bowl.

Thank you....any recommendation on supplements?

Daily - GNC multivitamin/fish oil/triflex, healthy products daily optimizer
    PreWorkout - VPX NO Shotgun
    Protein - Isopure

Your pre workout is junk (no offense) and there's a supplement sticky at the top of this subforum.