starting strength gym

Thread: Gastro Nutrition.

Default Gastro Nutrition.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got the ol' stomache flu; it appears to have been super-incubated in my 14 month old and the version he passed on hospitalised me.

None of the anti-emetics they gave me could even slow its sure path to me vomiting up my femurs themselves.

I've just been released after taking 4+ litres of IV fluids and maybe a banana bag; ( for electrolytes? ).

The ER Doc that was on duty on admission didn't believe that I'd been vomiting so long that I'd lost 10lbs; the following Doc who replaced him did; after blood work.

Is there anything I might be able to keep down to reduce the harm done here? I've barely managed to keep down 300mLs of Hydralyte since being discharged; but maybe BCAA's?

I'll see if the lady friend could drop in some Froyo too.

BCAAs, MCT's, coconut oil, and other fats. Ketones stave of skeletal muscle mass loss, in general. But yea if you can't keep it down you're fucked.

Yikes. Feel better, Tre.

The BCAA's are down, some last night and some today.
    Apparently sheeps milk has 25% MCT's; so I'll try some cheeses made from it. Pecorino maybe.
    I might risk coconut oil by the spoonful, as if I bring it up I've only lost bile and a spoon of food.
    Is there much of the MCT's in coconut milk?

BCAA's stayed down, and because everything started kicking over in the digestive system I was woken overnight by a searing hunger/nausea complex.

BCAA's, chicken noodle soup and coconut milk are on the cards until I can get a grocery delivery with some goats cheese and coconut oil.

Thanks Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    But yea if you can't keep it down you're fucked.
    Well that's a little bleak...

starting strength coach development program
    I'd avoid milk products for a day or two. With that much loss, there's a good chance you've lost a lot your enzyme lactase. Last thing you want is diarrhea now.