starting strength gym

Thread: High Days vs. Low Days

Default High Days vs. Low Days

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan-

I apologize if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. I seem to remember you saying that weekly average intake matters more than day to day, and I had a question about that. I currently do 2 high days and 5 low days. High days are 200/450/75, and low days are 225/305/85. I've noticed I recover much better on training days when I get quite a few carbs in, so I was thinking of switching to 4 high days (training days) at 205/430/75 and 3 low days at 235/235/92. I worked the numbers so that this works out to the same number of total calories and macros per week as my current numbers.

So my question is this, will the body "see" these two set-ups in the same way? Or is there something about eating "high" days on more days of the week that will cause more fat storage? I realize this change will probably cause transient changes in weight, but that doesn't concern me.

Thanks a lot if you take the time to read this!

This is something you can play around with, certainly. Be sure to note that you're changing the amino acid load and, perhaps, the number of days in the week that you're over your maintenance calories. This isn't a big deal since you have weight to gain...but just a few things to take into consideration.

Thanks a lot man. What do you mean by amino acid load? Day to day protein totals? It still works out to the same amount of protein per week, but I assume you mean the day-to-day load can effect things?

I'm saying the amount of other stuff, i.e. carbs and fat, on a given day affect the most optimal dosing of protein, that's all. I wouldn't worry about it to much tho man.