starting strength gym

Thread: Macro check

Default Macro check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi checking to see if im heading in the right direction with my intake.
    32 y/o male 5'8 180LBS B/F at physcal last yr said 16%, ran starting strentgh for 6mo currentlybegan stalling on squat and DL, just started hatch squat cycle, HIIT 2 days a week, oly lift once a week, due to demand of hatch cycle laying off DL till done. SP 1X a week 3x8 looking to work in some size from increased rep range. Goal BS 400, SP BW CL 250+ Last pr atempts
    BS 1RM 315
    SP 1RM 160
    DL 360
    CL 205
    After reading and then tracking intake for a few days realized intake woefully low avg 2k a day. Read To Be A Beast chose skinny novice measured. Current goals 250/250/100
    Am I on right track? thanks for any help. On BF% Since last phy have put on some muscle, weight has not changed much. Can see top of Abs when flexed if that helps.

This is okay but I think the hatch squat cycle blows (for a periodized 12-16 week plan), not deadlifting in a program won't help you get stronger, and you could do a lot with "less" complicated programming if you just want to get big and strong. I think your macros look good, though I'd probably shift about 180kCal from fat to carbs to start and and change your programming.

OK thanks for response. The reason i choose the 12 week hatch program has more to do with schedule than anything else. Since its only two days a week of squatting. Due to work trying to squat three days a week rarely happens. Also i was hoping it would bring my squat up and then was thinking about doing a two days a week program where i do a volume day and then intensity day for squats,DL, and press. Also on macros it appears your saying drop fat by about 20 grams and then add balance back into carbs. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by matt price View Post
    OK thanks for response. The reason i choose the 12 week hatch program has more to do with schedule than anything else. Since its only two days a week of squatting. Due to work trying to squat three days a week rarely happens. Also i was hoping it would bring my squat up and then was thinking about doing a two days a week program where i do a volume day and then intensity day for squats,DL, and press. Also on macros it appears your saying drop fat by about 20 grams and then add balance back into carbs. Thanks for the help.
    Yep to the macros. What I'm saying about the gayle hatch program is that there are much better options for training that only have you squat 2x a week, IMO, especially ones that have you deadlift.