starting strength gym

Thread: Pain in wrists not sure from what exercise!

Default Pain in wrists not sure from what exercise!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I seem to have pain from wrist running down the side of my forearm along the bone. I suspect that maybe I hurt it by holding the bar in a weird angle while squatting. I have rested it for 2 weeks and it hasn't gotten any better. Doesn't hurt when I pay attention towards keeping my wrists and hands straight when working out though.

Going to go to the doctors soon but can someone give me a heads up on this injury?

It's most likely due to you having a bent wrist when squatting, focus on rolling the wrist forward so the wrist doesn't carry the load. It can also be due to poor wrist position in bench or press. If its still sore after 2 weeks maybe you strained a tendon.

Ibuprofen, rest and lift with correct wrist position.

Is there a motion that makes it hurt (more)? Flexing the wrist forward or backwards? Rotating your hand? Any clicks/pops?

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxaus View Post
    It's most likely due to you having a bent wrist when squatting, focus on rolling the wrist forward so the wrist doesn't carry the load. It can also be due to poor wrist position in bench or press. If its still sore after 2 weeks maybe you strained a tendon.

Ibuprofen, rest and lift with correct wrist position.
    Yes, my wrists were definitely bent and I have been struggling to fix that form issue since reading SS. My wrists always seem to deteriorate to bad form midset.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorinexile View Post
    Is there a motion that makes it hurt (more)? Flexing the wrist forward or backwards? Rotating your hand? Any clicks/pops?
    It hurts to turn door knobs sometimes lifting objects but I will pay more attention to when it hurts and update my post.

Making doctors appointment today.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyStrong View Post
    It hurts to turn door knobs sometimes lifting objects but I will pay more attention to when it hurts and update my post.
    Do these symptoms size it up well?

Pain is the most common symptom of both acute and chronic tears. Pain typically increases at the wrist on the side of the small finger during grip activities and forearm rotation. Many patients complain of a popping or clicking sensation in the wrist with use. Acute injury findings can range from mild wrist swelling and bruising to instability or dislocation of the distal radioulnar joint.
    If so, it could be a TFCC tear.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorinexile View Post
    Do these symptoms size it up well?

If so, it could be a TFCC tear.
    Well the pain does happen when gripping/pulling but not when pushing and the pain is in the part of the wrist under the thumb. Right at the base of the inside wrist.

Hopefully its something that will heal and I can be back in the gym like normal.