starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Reynolds Training Log

Default Rachel Reynolds Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rachel Reynolds Training Log
    Hi! My name is Rachel Reynolds. Most of you probably know my husband, Matt Reynolds. I'm excited to start posting my training log here on Starting Strength. I get coaching from Matt daily, but thought it would be nice to get additional feedback and encouragement from other coaches and female lifters like myself. I'm hoping to take my training to the next level.

My training over the past several years has been sporadic due to having kids, major career changes and life in general, but for the past year it's been much more consistent and the strength gains have been very good.

I competed in my first powerlifting meet in June at 160lbs and squatted 245, bench pressed 160, and deadlifted 300lbs for a 705 total.

For the past month Matt has had me return to Starting Strength along with a conditioning component at the end of the workout. The conditioning started pretty easily and has progressively gotten more difficult. Id like to lose some additional body fat and get in better cardiovascular shape.

So here we go! :-)

Deload volume day. I'm just about to the end of LP on SS at this point and I needed a break from the volume, so Matt took my weights up a tad and had me just do a single set of 5-7 reps today. I'll be back on my standard LP on Tuesday this week.

Squat: 205x5

Bench: 140x6

Deadlift: 225x7

Helen: 16min

Hi Rachel. Looking forward to following your progress here.

Welcome Rachel. Very happy to see you put a log up here. I'll be following along.

Hi Rachel! Happy to see your log here!

Excited to have my smokin hot wife posting here. :-)

Here's her squats from Saturday morning: (she gets a bit forward on the 4th rep on the balls of her feet, but otherwise the set is pretty solid)

And here are the deadlifts: (She has always struggled with maintaining back extension - but if you saw what it used to look like, then you'd know this is a win. :-)

Good to see your log! I'll be following along. Looking forward to meeting you soon too.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes!!!

Default couples training

nice work there

trying to get my wife up in here too...

Glad to see husband and wife duo lifting!

couples that lift together stay together, keep livin' the dream!

9-5-13
    Squat 195 3X5
    Overhead Press 85 3X5
    Deadlift 235 1X5

Full FRAN in 10 min

9-7-13
    Squat 200 3X5
    Bench 145 3X3
    Deadlift 245 1X5

Prowler/Tire Challenge 8 min- flip tire once, push loaded prowler (50 lbs) back (high handles) and forth (low handles), flip tire twice, push prowler down and back, flip tire three times, push prowler down and back, flip tire four times, push prowler down and back, flip tire five times, and push prowler down and back all for time.

starting strength coach development program
    Glad to see you getting some good training in!

Good lifts! And that is one badass pink belt hah.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast