starting strength gym

Thread: Macro Check for Fluffy Intermediate

Default Macro Check for Fluffy Intermediate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Goal: lose weight as quickly as possible (hoping for ~1.5lbs/week) to reach 10% body fat while minimizing strength loss

Macros
    Workout day: 2371kcal/232P/270C/38F
    Off days: 1934kcal/249P/117C/52F

Discrepancy in macros is more of a range than something I am really set to cycle. Calories I hope to cycle.

Background:

Current 1RMs:
    SQ: 375
    BP: 275
    PR: 200
    DL: 451

Current measurements:
    Weight: 194.4
    Waist: 34.0625"
    Neck: 15.5"
    Body fat: 15.4% (via navy estimate)

Supplements:
    Whey
    Creatine
    EC

Pictures: (warning underwear pics)
    http://imgur.com/a/cuZCq

Workout: Karl's 5/1 inspired 4 day split

Conditioning: none

These look fine. Have you ran this kCal for a week and seen what your body does? How much conditioning will you be able to do and how much fiber/day?

Have you ran this kCal for a week and seen what your body does?
    Not yet, am on day 2 right now. I'll report back after a week.
    How much conditioning will you be able to do
    Thanks. I read your article on HIIT and the jist seemed to be "add it when you need it" for fat loss. I was pretty confident I wouldn't need it starting out as I've lost fat around this bf% before without too much trouble. As a result I didn't add in any yet. I thought I may add in 5-7 sessions of 20s:100s exercise bike work if things seemed to slow down, but would have to play with how that would effect my recovery.

and how much fiber/day?
    Wasn't really tracking fiber since I didn't really have any issue with regular stools. If I had real hunger issues I would generally try to either add some in (though often enough I'd also just drink a diet pop and/or chew some gum and get over it). Outside of satiety and bowel movements are there other benefits to fiber with respect to muscle retention/strength retention/fat loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Subsistence View Post
    Thanks. I read your article on HIIT and the jist seemed to be "add it when you need it" for fat loss. I was pretty confident I wouldn't need it starting out as I've lost fat around this bf% before without too much trouble. As a result I didn't add in any yet. I thought I may add in 5-7 sessions of 20s:100s exercise bike work if things seemed to slow down, but would have to play with how that would effect my recovery.
    Yea those are pretty much my thoughts. I would add conditioning first at a low volume like you have described before further reduce cals.

Wasn't really tracking fiber since I didn't really have any issue with regular stools. If I had real hunger issues I would generally try to either add some in (though often enough I'd also just drink a diet pop and/or chew some gum and get over it). Outside of satiety and bowel movements are there other benefits to fiber with respect to muscle retention/strength retention/fat loss?
    It's not so much a stool thing as it is accounting for another variable, i.e. 200g of carbs with 30g of fiber is not the same as 200g of carbs with 0g of fiber, fiber is satiating, thermogenic, and tends to be correlated with certain health outcomes that I find attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    It's not so much a stool thing as it is accounting for another variable, i.e. 200g of carbs with 30g of fiber is not the same as 200g of carbs with 0g of fiber, fiber is satiating, thermogenic, and tends to be correlated with certain health outcomes that I find attractive.
    Makes sense. Thanks.