starting strength gym

Thread: What do do when traveling (1-2 weeks), consumption/expectations

Default What do do when traveling (1-2 weeks), consumption/expectations

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I go on a fair number of trips for work which are ~1-2 weeks long. When I travel I usually dont have time to find a gym outside of my hotels (typically dont have a car and work long hours). I often end up losing weight when Im on these trips but I'm looking to solve that.

Thus I end up using a cable machine 3 times a week. So i can work out but its primarily upper body and questionable weights. I have never figured out a comfortable way to do leg excersices on a cable machine.

So should my goal be to just eat enough to maintain my weight or keep eating my normal 5k Cal/day that I have when Im at home and going to the gym?

I also go on some personal trips where I have no scale/gym/electrical access. Should I just try to over eat to avoid losing weight? (I went on a 2 week canoe trip in the Amazon recently...which was awesome).

Lastly, if I eat a little less all of a sudden should I expect my weight to drop a few lbs the first two days? that seems to happen and I assume its just less food in my gut.

I saw this tread from you which was helpful:
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ghlight=travel

So should my goal be to just eat enough to maintain my weight or keep eating my normal 5k Cal/day that I have when Im at home and going to the gym?
    No, I would eat less as sort of a mini diet before ramping back up when you get back to training.

I also go on some personal trips where I have no scale/gym/electrical access. Should I just try to over eat to avoid losing weight? (I went on a 2 week canoe trip in the Amazon recently...which was awesome).
    No. But the trip sounds awesome

I bought a few power bands that I take with me now when I travel, I find they're much more effective than any cable machine. I have 3 that are varied resistance, the strongest is pretty good for some lower body exercises too.