Default Your thoughts on this article

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    From my local paper:

"I want to see my abs one last time"

http://www.smh.com.au/executive-styl...#ixzz2gM4OIyok

Which strategy would work best?

Out of curiosity, what would you have him do?

The CrossFit + Zone will work the best, likely, as it is the highest volume/highest frequency and provides the most resistance training of any of these programs. The diet is okay too, although it's very calorie restricted from the jump, which will work fine for getting shredded (and weak).

If it's me, I'd have him do starting strength + HIIT 2-3x a week, and have him track macros. It wouldn't be any quicker, but he'd look better at the end and be stronger.

Any chance he gets there? 7 weeks is a pretty short time frame and he's probably, what, 25% bf or higher.

Would you say that the paleo and other approaches recommending 0-25g carbs per day would be detrimental in the long run? Carb restriction and lotīs of circuit training donīt mix that well I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Any chance he gets there? 7 weeks is a pretty short time frame and he's probably, what, 25% bf or higher.
    Maybe. He'd definitely get there on a PSMF with some lifting and HIIT, but it really depends how compliant he is, what the volume of training is, and how many blocks he's being told to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by JukkaM View Post
    Would you say that the paleo and other approaches recommending 0-25g carbs per day would be detrimental in the long run? Carb restriction and lotīs of circuit training donīt mix that well I assume?
    Detrimental to strength, performance, aesthetics, and overall body composition for someone who trains? Yes.

What if he included some Paleo Water in his diet? Oh, that's right, Paleo Water (tm)

What's a PSMF?

Couple of observations

1) That trainer looks realy scary. Like he's on your doorstep to say the end is nigh.

2) What's a 'squat press'? Is it what I'd call a leg press machine?

3) Brown rice etc. Reminds me of one of your podcasts or articles Jordan where you briefly mentioned low GI is bunk. Has this been discussed and I've missed it? Or if not, why has opinion changed?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by medwards View Post
    What's a PSMF?
    Protein sparing modified fast. Moderate to high protein/AA + vitamins + omega 3 fats. Super low carb and low fat.