starting strength gym

Thread: Realistic Expectations

Default Realistic Expectations

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

First, thank you for the recommendation of Whey Isolate. I have been on the TrueNutrition Cold Filtration Whey Isolate for 2 weeks and all my problems went away. I also PR’d in almost all my lifts last week; all except press, as I am trying to learn Press 2.0.

I am just trying to get an idea of realistic expectations for body re-composition. I am 34. I started SS at 5’10 and 163 pounds with a 33 inch waist. I am now 193 lbs. with a 37 inch waist. I guess I am blessed because I still have a visible 6 pack, although not as defined as before. My squat has gone from 145*5 to 300*5 this past week. As mentioned before I went on Whey Isolate two weeks ago and I have lost 1 inch around my waist, my waist was 38.

My goal is to work my way back down to a 32-34 inch waist, while continuing to get stronger, albeit at a slower pace now.

My questions are: Is this possible? And if so, what sort of timeline should I put myself on?

I have tracked my calories these past two weeks and they are usually right around 3100.

Thank you so much for this forum and the advice so far.

My questions are: Is this possible? And if so, what sort of timeline should I put myself on?
    Yes, if this (body comp) is your main goal. I'd aim for 6-8 weeks.

I have tracked my calories these past two weeks and they are usually right around 3100.
    Start with HIIT 2x a week, 7 rounds, and cut cals to 3000- 250/250/111

Thank you. I will try this for the next 4 weeks and let you know how it goes.