starting strength gym

Thread: The LP of Optimus

Default The LP of Optimus

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi everyone,

I'm guessing it's appropriate that I give ya'll a little lifting stats/background info about my self before we start this.

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 165 LB
    Max lifts: Squat (225), Press (95), BP (don't really know, have not done it in a while, we will see tomorrow), DL (235).

- From the NJ/NYC area.
    - College student (w/ 2 part time jobs; operations intern at fancy fashion company and a manager for a construction company). Sort of hectic, whatever.
    - Middle Eastern (Lebanese). This is relevant because the food pics will be epic.

Although my lifting history/experience doesn't show it, I'm very serious about barbell training. I intend to demonstrate my passion for this w/ action instead of forum posts and would love to back it all up by making some serious progress on my LP.

Also, before anyone points this out, I will not include power cleans (blasphemy, I know) in my LP. I am already practicing both the power snatch and the power clean for about 1.5 hours every Saturday. Instead I will probably just some chins or maybe some arm work (perhaps curls, for the girls) after benching. I know this isn't THE program but I've kept everything else pretty much the same. I figure that any power clean/dynamic pulling volume that was going to be done during the week will be made up for on Saturdays, we will see.

Monday
    Squat-175x5x3
    Press-85x5x3
    DL-205x5x1

Notes: It was a relatively easy session, I need to rest more between warm-up sets of DL. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Pic of PW dinner attached. Lamb chomps, nom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking forward to today's training session. My goal for today's session is perfect form, an ideal training tempo, and an easy execution of all work sets. I want to make it all LOOK easy because these weights should be. Sort of embarrassed about my work set weights, so that's where that idea came from.

Wednesday

Squat-185x5x3
    BP-95x5x3
    PC(I stopped the curls, I felt sort silly doing them tbh)-75x3x5..still need to practice my PC a bit more