42 year old male, former HS athlete (baseball and soccer), recently a P90X'er. I read SS and started the program in June 2013 at 162lbs and 5'10". I have gained 22 lbs., now at 184 and climbing. My starting weight on the squat (115) to me was shockingly low, since I considered myself to be in good shape. But after 5+ months on SS/linear progression, this week I switched to the Texas Method. I consider myself no longer a pussy, having put up the following PRs this week:

Dead 5RM - 300
Squat 5RM - 290
Bench 5RM - 200 (I was going to do a single, but felt strong and knocked out 5 reps, maybe could have done 7)
Press 5RM - 135
PC - still learning this one - no real PR yet
GOMAD - sorta. I didn't eat enough at first and I was afraid to get fat. Then I got stuck and realized I needed to eat more. My gains resumed after starting to drink 1/2 gallon per day as part of a 3500 kcal/day diet. That seems to be approximately the right amount for now, but I realize I might have to "eat through the sticking points" as time goes on.

Goals - I'm a lot stronger than I used to be, and I'd like to get a lot stronger than I am now. I'd like to make it to 500/400/300/200. That will take some time, and I'm looking forward to the journey.

Thank you, Rip, for writing SS. Most important book I've ever read, period. Few things in life are graven in stone, except that if you have not read SS, you really don't know what you're missing.