starting strength gym

Thread: Adding yet another vote of thanks

Default Adding yet another vote of thanks

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mark, I'm a newbie by post count but have been reading/learning here and from your books and DVD for 3 years. I finally decided to join as I've reached some milestones thanks to your method, and wanted to acknowledge it properly.

My training over the last 3 years has been interrupted tremendously - in a good way! - by the arrival of my daughter and son, most recently 5 months ago. Despite the relative havoc this has played with lifting and recovery, I have managed to eke out a 152.5kg squat for 3x5, 170kg deadlift for 1x5, 67.5kg press for 3x5, and a 97.5kg BP for 3x5.

Here's where I'll get pilloried - BW of 75kg - but the effort is genuine and the form finally right after many resets due to previous inadequacies thereof.

As a rheumatologist, the information you put forward and the unique manner in which it's delivered is particularly appealing. My approach to pure musculoskeletal complaints has changed dramatically as a result of your books, particularly the way I get patients to rehab from shoulder/knee problems. Needless to say they all get told about the book and the method. The word is definitely getting out there.

Thank you very much for all your efforts, and I look forward to many more years of learning from and, if wanted, contributing to, your forum.

PLEASE contribute. We always need the combination of academic and clinical expertise and experience regarding the things that relate to the injuries people post about on a daily basis.

Mark, I would be delighted to do so where appropriate. I'm going to be a bit heretical for my profession and admit straight up that I'm very much still feeling my way through rheumatology as applied to strength training, being that it's not exactly high on the list of priorities for usual post-graduate training, but if I see something to which I can contribute meaningfully, I'll do so.

I'm fortunate to have some aptitude for teaching, and actually aspire to take the coaches exam myself in the near future (well, once my wife lets me leave the house for anything other than work/gym without eviscerating me - the price of small children, I fear). My College of Physicians fellowship feeds my family, but the standard you and your staff coaches have set is so high that I see the SS coaching certification as comparably desirable.

I have a personal request to make, and understand completely if you decline. Would it be possible for me to be kept updated about the list of high impact articles suggested by your Science subcommittee for ongoing MOC? Whether or not I'm successful in obtaining the coaching certification, I'd like to keep abreast of this literature from a professional point of view.

Thank you again for the work you do, and for considering my request.

I'll pass this along to Dr. Sullivan.

shombre, send me a PM with your email address.