starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Australian courses??

Default Australian courses??

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys. Just wondering if there are any plans of there being some starting strength seminars to Australia?? Melbourne, in particular...??

Thanks in advance.

Cameron Barratt

Such things have been discussed, but there is nothing on the books that I know of.

Not nearly enough people do barbell movements here....it's a dumbell paradise.

What would it take, to make this more of a possibility to happen, do you think? Happy to help out in anyway.

The presence of lots of trainees in Australia who need help with their lifts and have sufficient disposable income to afford any potential camps/seminars would be a good start.

You can go to the US to do it. I did.

And you don't need to go to a seminar to learn the lifts, though obviously if you get guys like Tom then you're getting the best.

I'm in. Isn't Jordan coming for a competition this year?

Tommy c you'll love Australia too. Nice looking women, plentiful beer, free squat racks....

Crossfit is currently going off like a bomb in Aus so it probably won't be too long before enough people are interested after becoming disillusioned.

In the current climate, however, there's not much of a market.

Take Melbourne for example.. How many decent gyms that cater to lifters are there.. I can think of about 3. 3 million people... 3 decent gyms.

Having said that, could be cool to get Jordan to run a camp if he's already in the city and all..

There are a few decent gyms, Max, depends what you're after.

Andrew Read in Moorabbin is very accomplished as a kettlebell coach, even if his online articles tend to closely resemble some other recently written articles.
    For powerlifting there's PTC HQ in Carrum Downs, and PTC Eltham, and Melb Uni Club.
    For Olympic lifting there's Phoenix in Oakleigh, and Hawthorn.

That's just dedicated strength gyms, of course there are heaps of mainstream gyms where there are a decent number of racks and platforms and one or two competent coaches.

Filling up an SS seminar with the usual 20-25 students wouldn't be a problem in Melbourne. It just wouldn't be worth the trouble for 5-7 SS coaches to come all the way down here for that, the fees if the same as the US one wouldn't even cover their airfares.

starting strength coach development program
    Seminar in Australia - yes please! I'd be there, for sure.

Of course, one in NZ would be even better, but that's clearly never going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast