starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Westminster, MD Level 2 March 28-30

Default Westminster, MD Level 2 March 28-30

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you haven't signed up yet this would be the time to get on it. We have a great facility with the best equipment you will see. In the past we have had a few guest stop in to say hello (Jim Steel, Kirk Karwoski, Marty Gallagher, Chuck Miller), not saying you will see them but a couple live just down the road from us and train at the gym every now and then.

If you have any travel or accomodation questions let me know. Check out our website, find us on Facebook and like CrossFit Retribution and like our Westminster Strength and Conditioning page to keep up with what we are doing leading up to March.

Just want to say I will be there. I tried to get a group to come with me, but they all had excuses. Looking forward to seeing your facility in person. I follow your Westminster Strength and Conditioning page on Facebook. You have some awesome stuff going on there!

I've been waiting for this thread. I signed up in November, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be coming down from the Harrisburg region, and maybe I'll meet a few others from the area so I can talk to people about SS without getting strange looks.

Beau, the announcement page has the staff for the event listed as Rip and TBA. Will you be working the event with Rip?

Quote Originally Posted by RandallEW View Post
    I've been waiting for this thread. I signed up in November, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be coming down from the Harrisburg region, and maybe I'll meet a few others from the area so I can talk to people about SS without getting strange looks.

Beau, the announcement page has the staff for the event listed as Rip and TBA. Will you be working the event with Rip?
    Awesome! Not far for you. I have been pretty busy building the gym the last couple years and have finally gotten to where I will be able to do more things put side of the gym. I will be interning for the staff I believe. Pretty excited. I have coached this stuff since 2010 and we train a shit load of people.

This is out third seminar and I get just as excited each year. It's an awesome weekend for everyone involved.

Are you planning to have any Level 1 seminars this year?

still on the fence, when is the deadline to get the $100 for paying in full?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth G View Post
    Are you planning to have any Level 1 seminars this year?
    No plans as of now but we will probably. We are just crazy busy and have a couple PL meets to get scheduled going into the summer and a USAPL meet to get locked in. We try to keep things to nothing more than an event every 2 months or so and right now we are running out of times already going into the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtac View Post
    still on the fence, when is the deadline to get the $100 for paying in full?
    A few folks from our gym were doing the same. I have gotten a few emails the last few days from people making late decisions to go. Not sure I would wait around too long. We have sold out both of our previous seminars.

Hope to see you there.

Do it Andrew!

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks to the fifth (!) rescheduling of a long-anticipated family vacation, I'll be here! (Sick enough that I'd rather spend a weekend getting my lifts dialed in than in Hawaii, anyway.) I'm already anticipating that my tiny, tiny girl-muscles will provide comic relief to the rest of you, as I've only been running LP for a couple months, and interrupted by injuries at that... hence, in part, my all-consuming desire to get my form squared away.

With that said, while I had originally been planning to wait for the seminar to learn to power clean, the new recommendations in PPST3 for women to deadlift sets across convinced me to try and teach myself. I can think of a thing or two that's less palatable than deadlifting sets across 3x/week (anthrax, waterboarding, Celine Dion), but not many.

So on the off chance I'm not there, it's probably because I broke myself throwing heavy weights at my face!

(P.S.: I'm in Montgomery County--any local SS lifters interested in getting together before the seminar, feel free to PM.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast