starting strength gym

Thread: SS Success as coach

Default SS Success as coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip,

Just wanted to share a success story with the forum. You certified me to coach last April & shortly thereafter I fully converted strength training for my clients to the SS model. Around this time, I started working with a female client named Lakshmi Meadows. Well, short story, she competed in her first meet this past weekend & totaled 931 (363/164/404) raw. This puts her at 13th in the nation in her weight class (per powerlifting.com)

Also of note, her bench was seriously compromised by an AC joint injury. I think 1050-1100 is entirely realistic in the coming year.

Her first workout with me:
    Squat: 135x5x3
    BP: 75x5x3
    DL: 185x5

Pretty good progress in 11 months.

Your methodology has been absolutely invaluable to me as coach.

Good coaches like you are absolutely invaluable to our organization, and more importantly, to the people you train and their friends. Excellent job, John.

Rip, following SS and training under the guidance of John Hanley has been my game changer. My husband now has a wife that's not a Bat Shit Crazy Control Freakmy son (who's 8 and built like a linebacker) is learning to embrace his size and strength and I am finally coming to accept and love myself and my genetic predisposition to be strong.
    Thank You