starting strength gym

Thread: Longview High School - wtroom testing highlights

Default Longview High School - wtroom testing highlights

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    D-Coord put this all together for me, proud of our kids and the hard work they put in...

The song fits perfect...

http://youtu.be/W0vJYbxZQq8

Enjoy.

Default HS lifters

Good to see some hard core effort.

Thanks,

Kids have been working hard, my third year here and they have bought into it.

Makes me jealous I wasn't ever taught how to lift correctly during high school, it wasn't till after football senior year that I discovered starting strength...nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Makes me jealous I wasn't ever taught how to lift correctly during high school, it wasn't till after football senior year that I discovered starting strength...nice job!
    Thanks and I understand what your saying. I graduated HS in 1984. Out strength program consisted of the coaches opening the wtroom doors for the summer or after school and going into the coaches office...

We were told we would be tested on bench press and the mile run..also tested on the hip sled (like a leg press but you only pushed with the balls of your feet), but coaches were more interested in the bench...

Hence my 6' 210lb frame going to NU to play OG in 1984 with a 330 bench, 21" VJ, and no idea how to do a back squat or clean...

starting strength coach development program
    And I benched more my senior year too than the kid cleaning 350 (and fr squatting 440) in this video.

I was 205-210 my senior year with a 4.98 40, this kid is 253 and runs a 4.6. He back squats about 530...

Glad one of us did it right...