starting strength gym

Thread: London, UK based coach recommendation - Carl Raghavan

Default London, UK based coach recommendation - Carl Raghavan

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Cheers to Carl Raghavan at CrossFit Evolving, London!

I’m putting this up as we’ve got a shortage of coaches in the UK that know Starting Strength, but I’ve had a few sessions with Carl and he knows his stuff! Hopefully if people are searching for a London coach, they will find this.

I’ve been struggling with my squat since discovering Starting Strength, but Carl fixed it in a single session. Have had a few more sessions with him since, and will keep doing so to improve my technique for all lifts.

18 months ago, I was new to lifting and tall / weak / inflexible. I read the book and watched the videos, but I don’t think I had enough relevant experience / understanding for it all to fully click. My other lifts were passable, but my squat sucked! I couldn’t find a UK based Starting Strength coach, so got a non-Starting-Strength personal trainer to help but they still couldn’t fix it.

I read somewhere that Rip said that there are only a couple of people he couldn’t teach to squat in a single session, so I wondered what the hell he was doing differently!

I was about to post some videos here, but Carl was recommended in a couple of threads here so I got in touch with him.

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=45395

He was able to tell me *exactly* what to do to make it work using the Starting Strength method, and now I’m confident in my squat I can begin Starting Strength properly.

So thanks to Carl and also to Rip for the whole thing.

If you’re looking for a London based coach, I recommend you see him.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Carl is a good dude and a very able coach. He attended the same seminar I did. For you English folk who need some coaching with the SS model, he's very solid.

Having just gotten back from the Brooklyn seminar, I'll tell you that Carl is a much better coach now than when he went through the first time. Good eye, good feedback. I suspect he'll soon have a new credential.