starting strength gym
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SarahBeth Lifts Like A Girl (Log)

Default SarahBeth Lifts Like A Girl (Log)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi! My name is Sarah and I'm a 34 year old new mom, 5'6" and ~143lb. I wanted to throw my hat in the ring to hold myself accountable and to provide some SS data points for women, which I had a hard time finding anywhere else.

I did Crossfit for over a year before having my baby in June '13, and tried to continue afterward but it was too hard to work out logistically. That, and the extra 25 lbs I was still carrying made all those metcons a real b*tch! I will say though, CF got me out of a major fitness rut and made me fall in love with barbell training and Olympic lifting. I have been doing a combination of SS, StrongLifts, and Oly training since Jan '14, and have regained all my strength back that I lost during pregnancy. I generally do 2 SS/SL workouts and 1 Oly workout per week. Below are my strength workout breakouts and my most recent #s for 3x5. I'll also include any new Oly PRs when I get them! Thanks for reading!

A: Squat: 135lbs
    BP: 85
    Row: 75 (I save cleans for my Oly days)

B: Front Squat: 85lbs (I just started adding these in place of squats if I still feel sore)
    OHP: 63
    DL: 175 1x5
    Pull-ups/chins: I do jump or kipping pull-ups to negatives. I'm so close to getting my strict PU back!

Just for funsies, here are my max Oly lifts:
    Clean & Jerk: 108 lbs
    Snatch: 70

Welcome, Sarah! Good luck with your training!

Welcome, Sarah! I wish you well. I will only comment in the future on the lifts I know something about. I hope your mixture of methodologies don't slow your progress.

Thanks Karl!

Carson, I've been going round and round on how to combine the 2 disciplines without completely tanking on both, but my focus right now is definitely trying to build raw strength and power. I've already had to deload once on squat, bench and ohp from stalling. I got a sinus infection that came back twice even with abx, so I'm going to blame it on that. My last couple of workouts have felt much better so I hope to break through my previous highs.

Welcome Sarah! What are your current PRs?

Hi Robert! In my first post I give my 3x5 maxes on my strength lifts and 1RM on my Oly lifts. My 1RM on strength lifts are:
    Squat: 155 lbs
    DL: 200
    OHP: 70 (old)
    I have never tested BP or rows. Maybe I'll do that soon!

Welcome Sarah!

Welcome, congratulations on being a new mom, and good luck in the gym! I'm sure with your previous experience you will make great progress towards your goals.

Welcome! There are lots of moms here!

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you Viola!

Here are today's results: (I won't be including warm-up sets. If anyone is interested I can include them)

Squat: 133, 3x5
    BP: 88, 3r-2r-3r
    Row: 78, 2x5 (overhand), 2x5 (underhand)

Accessory work:
    GHD sit-ups: 3x10
    GHD back ext: 3x12

Notes: after de-loading on squat and bench, I'm back at my previous max #s. Squat felt great, bench weak. Rows still feel fairly light.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast