starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada is getting lots of love this summer

Default Canada is getting lots of love this summer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For our friends in the frosty north, The Aasgaard Company is endeavoring to make sure you have access to the finest instruction on barbell training. We will be returning to the Toronto area and holding a full Level 2 Seminar at Alex Cibiri's Element CrossFit. I will be directing the proceedings at this seminar and it will take place from July 4 through 6. If you live in the Greater Toronto Area and are looking for the full treatment of the material, or if you have designs on becoming a Starting Strength Coach, here is your chance to do so nearby.

***expired event, link removed****

Further, I will be holding two half-day camps, one on the squat and one on the deadlift and power clean, at Raincity Athletics in Vancouver, BC on June 21 and 22. Sign ups can be found at:

***expired event, link removed**** - Squat
    ***expired event, link removed**** - Deadlift and Power Clean

It figures. My wife and I have rented a cottage for 2 weeks, and the camp is right in the middle. She's agreed that I could leave her alone for a long weekend at the cottage with no vehicle -- and there is a chance she even means it -- but it still feels wrong. I'm also not sure this is the best time for me to take the course -- I may or may not have finished off my LP by then.

2 quick questions -- I think I read somewhere, but I can't find the policy, if I take the course now, and want to re-take it to try for a coaching certification, is there a reduced price? And second, do you have any feel at this point for whether the Mississauga camp is likely to be repeated?

Fantastic. I have already done the L2, but my brother has already registered and I've spread the word to any friends remotely interested in lifting.

Are you available for 1-on-1 coaching in the days before/after the seminar, Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by Nermin View Post
    Fantastic. I have already done the L2, but my brother has already registered and I've spread the word to any friends remotely interested in lifting.

Are you available for 1-on-1 coaching in the days before/after the seminar, Tom?
    Cool. Thanks for spreading the word. I need to check my schedule, but perhaps I could do something on Thursday or Friday. I need to see how things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamneth View Post
    2 quick questions -- I think I read somewhere, but I can't find the policy, if I take the course now, and want to re-take it to try for a coaching certification, is there a reduced price? And second, do you have any feel at this point for whether the Mississauga camp is likely to be repeated?
    I will check on this to be sure, but if you attempt to earn your Starting Strength Coach credential and pass your platforms, but do not pass the written exam, you can retake the course at a discount. You don't actually participate in the lifting or coaching, however. You are there for the lectures and to observe so that you can take a different exam. If you wish to retake the full seminar with all of the goodies, I believe it is the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Cool. Thanks for spreading the word. I need to check my schedule, but perhaps I could do something on Thursday or Friday. I need to see how things work out.
    Thanks,much appreciated.

This is fantastic news. I've been hoping the seminars would come back. I should be seeing you in Mississauga!

Both Vancouver camps are a little more than half full so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    This is fantastic news. I've been hoping the seminars would come back. I should be seeing you in Mississauga!
    Excellent. Bring a friend.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Both Vancouver camps are a little more than half full so far.
    They're the exact same days as the BCPA Provincials, which may be a factor.
    http://bc-powerlifting.com/other/201...championships/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast