starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA Weaklifting

Default USA Weaklifting

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Since this is the first post of this log, I suppose I'll provide a bit of background.

I'm 32 years old, 5'9", and I'm currently 192lbs. I used to be bigger, and a lot stronger, but over the past year or so, I've had some stuff go on in my life, combined with an injury, that has caused me to ultimately have to "start over". Luckily, my strength has been coming back quickly, but I think it's petering out before it did previously. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with my dramatically reduced caloric intake--currently around 4000 compared with 6000+ before. Thanks to the sudden onset of lactose intolerance, I had to cut out my GOMAD, which was a miracle worker the first time running SS.

So, here we are. I am finished up my LP on bench and press right now, and my squat is currently on TM. I am also deadlifting once a week, and it is way far behind the rest of my lifts, because it was my back that got jacked up (and remains somewhat jacked up). My current goal is to set all of the raw USPA state records by next year, which largely hinges upon my ability to remain healthy, I believe.

5/26/14
    --------
    Squat - 265 x 5 x 2
    Bench - 290 x 5 x 3
    Last edited by Grinder; 05-27-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Squat - 400 x 5
    Press - 175 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift - 345 x 5

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    My current goal is to set all of the raw USPA state records by next year, which largely hinges upon my ability to remain healthy, I believe.
    That's a solid goal. Which state?

Just wondering, what are your 1RMs? Bench and squat are looking pretty strong especially if you're just getting back into the swing of things.

I don't know what my actual 1RMs are--I can only speculate.

Squat - 345 x 5 x 5
    Bench - 292.5 x 5 x 3
    Dips - 110 x 5 x 3

Squat - 275 x 5 x 2
    Press - 177 x 5 x 3 FAIL: 4, 4, 4
    Curl - 105 x 5 x 3, 75 x 10

Squat - 405 x 5
    Bench - 295 x 5 x 3
    Deadlift - 355 x 5

Decided to move my bench to TM so I'd have a shorter session on Thursdays.

Squat - 350 x 5 x 5
    Bench - 235, 245, 250, 255, 265 x 5
    Dips - 115 x 5 x 3

Have you tried Lactose free milk (Lactaid brand)? It's expensive but I'm lactose intolerant too and could never drink real milk and the Lactaid doesn't bother me at all.

Haven't ever even seen it. I'm hesitant to try it, bc the lactose free milk protein drinks actually have lactase added, and I have to take a pill with each bottle or else I get sick. I don't want to chance getting sick from there not being enough enzyme added to their "lactose free" milk.

starting strength coach development program
    I've used the pills and the Lactose Free milk (which like you guessed, is just milk with lactase added) at different times and the Lactose Free milk works better for me. I think they definitely add enough lactase to make it work. I'd give it a shot if you really want to GOMAD (or even just add some milk back to your diet) Check your grocery store next time you shop. It's pretty common at this point. Again though, it's kinda expensive (like 5.99 per 96 ounce bottle around me).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast