starting strength gym

Thread: Chesley Lampros's Powerlifting Log (Elite by my first meet!)

Default Chesley Lampros's Powerlifting Log (Elite by my first meet!)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, my name is Chelsey Lampros, currently I am training for my first Powerlifting comp that is in October 2014. I became interested in powerlifting in November of 2013, however I was never really able to train and use any heavy weight up until right now. While starting getting into powerlifting I experienced back pain and it took about 6 months to find a good PT and help me identify and fix the problem (an unaligned pelvis). I have finally got my body back to being nearly pain free and ready to train!

Prior to the back pain and any training my totals were:
    205lb Squat 225lb ( with knee wraps)
    285 deadlift
    135 bench

After PT and fixing all my weak points and aligning up my pelvis and some work with my bench while I was waiting for my low body to heal..
    260lb Squat(without knee wraps)
    165lb bench
    300lb deadlift
    725lb Total (without knee wraps, in a meet I plan on using wraps so that would give me at least another 30lbs I would assume. I plan on maxing with kneed wraps soon)

These are my numbers as of now, I plan on starting a version of the Lillibridge training program. My goal is to increase my total enough by October that I will reach elite. I weight 145lbs (5'3) and could either cut to 132 slowly or stay in the 148 weight class. Since I haven't been doing any lower body work I assume that naturally with starting up a program that involves heavy deads and squats, with a clean diet I should lose weight just from that. Either way, this is my first meet, I do not want to stress about weight, I only want to focus on getting stronger. All I need is a 702 total for the 132 weight class and a 773 I believe for the 148 weight class. I have roughly 5 months to get to 773, considering I haven't done any real training with my squats and deadlifts, I think I will be able to get the total I am aiming for.

Good luck in October!

Thank you!!

Nice numbers. Good luck!

Default Day One Of My Training Program!

Thanks everybody!

I didn't get to post what I did yesterday but here it is briefly..

It was my heavy Squat/light Deadlift day. The first day starting the Lilliebridge's program..

Squats: I worked up to a max set of 225lb X 7 reps
    then I did some speed Deadlifts 150lbs 3X3

After that I just did back accessory work, some pull ups and pull downs.
    I am going to try and have all my accessory work planned out by the end of this week. It's really tough trying to create a plan from scratch. I might incorporate some of Brandon Lillys 365 program in with this cycle as well.

Today I have my heavy Bench day. I will be headed to the gym in a couple hours then will repost later!

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, I have some of them worked into my program. Last night I finished modifying my program and will post it by tomorrow at the latest