starting strength gym

Thread: NJ Pulling Camp Follow-Up

Default NJ Pulling Camp Follow-Up

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to our pulling camp at CrossFit GSP in Rochelle Park, NJ this weekend.

Nick and I had a great time working with all of you. If there is anything else we can do to help you with your training, please do not hesitate to contact one of us.

Following today's success, I expect that Nick and I will be hosting more camps at CrossFit GSP in the near future. We look forward to seeing you guys then.

John

Unregistered Guest

For everybody who wasn't there, you missed an awesome opportunity.

After a basic overview of the mechanics that apply to each lift, we broke into groups and worked with the coaches in a very 1-on-1 format to learn the lifts or address our form discrepancies.

As someone who trains by himself in a poorly lit condo loft, it was invaluable to have these experienced coaches critiquing both the things I was doing right and the points that needed improvement.

Both coaches were completely approachable, dealt with lifters of widely-ranging backgrounds and training advancement levels seamlessly and appropriately, and made sure we all learned enough to take home and improve our training, our programming, and even our coaching of other lifters.

I do hope you two offer more camps at that location. I would definitely attend. Especially Press 2.0 and squats.

Thanks!

Adam Skillin

Thanks Nick and John!

the camp was great. The theoretical stuff was really helpful and the coaching helped me a lot. Looking forward to getting my deadlift going.

Adam's comments are on the money.

I would definitely show up for the press and/or squat.

Couldn't agree more with Adam's sentiment.

We knew we'd need to get some coaching to help us out, since we're working on our own out of our garage. I feel like we hit the jackpot by finding you, and receiving the quality of instruction you provided yesterday. We'd attend every camp you offer, and once we've got some time and skill under our weight belts, I'd love to attend the Seminar.

Thanks again, John and Nick. Looking forward to working with you more in the future.

Yeah, that was an awesome day. I learned so much and managed to practice the movements A LOT as well, so by the time the seminar was over, John and Nick made sure that we leave with the correct technique on both lifts.
    Everyone was super positive, and I learned also from hearing what the coaches said to the other lifters, so this group seminar thing is an educational experiences on many levels.
    The Q&A at the end was helpful and informative. Thank you for answering all of our questions and helping us correcting what we thought we knew.
    And I have to agree with Adam above me here, I'm down for squat and presses seminar as well.
    Thank you!
    Sharón

John and Nick did a fantastic job on Sunday. I was lucky to be 10 minutes away, but I would've driven two hours for the experience. Everyone who attended was great, too. Everyone was very encouraging and helpful. Please hold a squat seminar some time soon. I think I've finally got this, but I'd love to get another whole bunch of critical eyes on perfecting my form.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for all of the kind words, guys. Nick and I are very happy that you all felt the camp was a positive experience.

We have a couple of Level II Seminars coming up in both Long Island (August), and Brooklyn (October), but we will definitely be looking to go back to CrossFit GSP for more Training Camps in the future. I will speak to Nick, Rip, and Stef, and we will figure out a date that works well for everyone.

Looking forward to working with you guys again soon!