starting strength gym

Thread: ANOTHER good day at STRONG GYM

Default ANOTHER good day at STRONG GYM

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Been training again since last Thanksgiving after decades away. Found SS in February, and have found it works well, even at age 68. I thought I was doing the lifts correctly, but it was time to get some coaching on the finer points. I saw Flatlandman's testimonial, and since I had some business in Springfield coming up, I contacted Matt at Strong Gym and set up an appointment. I made a list of questions covering everything from form checks, programming, assistance and auxiliary exercises to goals for someone my age.

The gym is great! Wish they had something like it in KC. Matt was on time, and very personable and professional (as were all the staff there). You'd almost think he'd done this sort of thing before. Thanks to the excellent descriptions in SS, I had the basic lifts down pretty well, but Matt gave me some very specific and helpful minor adjustments to each of them - a change in grip width, eye direction, hip position, and I could feel the benefits of each one. We covered all my questions and then some. Matt was very clear, specific and to the point in all his answers, which is something I appreciate very much.

All in all, a very positive and useful experience. Money and time well spent. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the observation. I too am in KC and am looking at going to see Matt in the very near future.

I too cannot believe the lack of SS gyms in KC.