starting strength gym

Thread: NYC Squat Camp

Default NYC Squat Camp

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Very happy to announce that, for the first time in nearly 18 months, we have a host facility for a Squat Camp here on the isle of Manhattan.

Located on West 25th St. at 7th Ave, Titan Fitness Studios is conveniently located near many major subway lines (1, C/E, F/M, N/Q/R, and 6) and is right off the 23rd St. crosstown bus line as well. If you're coming in from NJ or Long Island, it's a short 7 minute walk from Penn Station.

With 4 very sturdy racks, B&R bars, and Ivanko calibrated plates, the place is as well equipped as any in Manhattan for a squat camp.

The owner tells me there are some tentative plans to replace the squishy benches with harder, more solid benches from Rogue so if this works out, the potential is there for a Pressing camp as well.

Here's the link to the event in the Aasgaard Co. store. I look forward to seeing and meeting you there!

***expired event link removed***

Yess!!! I will definitely be attending this, can't wait

I guess it's sold out. I really wanted to go

Quote Originally Posted by AliAli View Post
    I guess it's sold out. I really wanted to go
    We just added a second coach and opened up four more slots, so you can still sign up.

Default "Tickets may be transfered to other parties by notice of the original purchaser."

If the person I bought this for takes the print out of the confirmation order under my name, would that be enough?

I ended very satisfied with the NYC camps by coaches Josh Wells and Shelley Hancock, jumped at the chance to buy this as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambero View Post
    If the person I bought this for takes the print out of the confirmation order under my name, would that be enough?
    You should notify the Aasgaard Co store, and provide name, email, and address of the actual attendee. This is important info that we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambero View Post
    I ended very satisfied with the NYC camps by coaches Josh Wells and Shelley Hancock, jumped at the chance to buy this as a gift.
    Glad to have found a host facility to once again run camps in Manhattan. We miss Josh and Shelley too, though are happy for them that they're doing great things with Gillian and Mac down in North Carolina.

A few pics from Sunday's squat camp. Brent and I had a great time meeting and coaching all of you. Looking forward to more camps in the coming months. Thanks to SSC Rob Israel for helping out as well, and for taking the pics. Comrade Campitelli - watch out!

Titan Squat Camp 5.jpgTitan Squat Camp 4.jpgTitan Squat Camp 1.jpgTitan Squat Camp 2.jpgTitan Squat Camp 3.jpg

Picture #4 is pretty epic.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    Picture #4 is pretty epic.
    I didn't include it by accident.

Those who have been to a seminar or camp should know what was going on here (demonstration of the axial force known as compression). But being that Jameela is probably about 4'11" 130 and I'm about 6' 265, it does make for a fun moment. Don't be fooled though, small though she may be, she can deadlift about 275.