starting strength gym

Thread: Why get stronger - A brief testimonial

Default Why get stronger - A brief testimonial

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For all the newbies that ask a question and those veterans who need another story to tell their friends why its important to be strong, I'd like to share my 5th of July tale.
    While relaxing on the inflatable behind my boat after kayaking around a few hours in the sun, I heard a cry of "Help me! HELP ME!" About fifty yards across the water an elderly friend was reaching in the water for her unconscious husband. As a former swimmer, I dove in and sprinted the distance arriving quick enough to help lift him out of the water onto a swimstep and begin CPR. Once the paramedics arrived, I was able to quickly and safely deadlift him over the transom and pass him off. Without the strength gains I have made with SS help, I would not have been able to be nearly as quick or useful upon arrival. Stronger is always better! Thank you for a program and a forum that helps provide the tools to get this kind of strength.

Great job!

Nice work!

And yes I agree, stronger is better.

Being stronger, someone said, makes you generally more useful and harder to kill. Apparently it makes people around you harder to kill, too.

Well done, Mike. Well done on your lifting and on helping save a man's life.

Outstanding!