starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift programming follow up (to my follow up!)

Default Deadlift programming follow up (to my follow up!)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Andy

Following up to this thread here:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=50699

Cold and life got in the way and I didn't get to reply in time. Yeah, I obsessively video all my deadlift sets. You're right that they don't look as horrible as they feel, but the form was bad enough that I needed a change.

So I've started rotating between triples doubles singles. Starting weights have been:

417 1x3
    430 2x2
    440 5x1

Plan is to progress each one independently, but I'm not sure what to aim for in increases. I know a lot of variables will come into play here (diet, recovery etc) but what sort of increase would you suggest?

At first I was thinking 5lbs for each, but that might be too conservative given that we're talking 3 weeks between repeating the same rep range. Perhaps 10?

I sort of have the feeling the weights are a little closer together than they ought to be. So maybe 5 for the triples, 10 for the doubles, 15 for singles (the latter especially might be too ambitious)

Cheers

Thanks, will do. Makes sense, even if 5 feels a little conservative initially, I'll be able to maintain that progress far longer than if I tried 10 or 15.