starting strength gym

Thread: Programming Dead Stops into TX Method

Default Programming Dead Stops into TX Method

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I need help out of the hole with squats and dead squats, starting at an inch below parallel is how I'm going to address this. I have toyed around with them for 2 weeks but now want to implement them.

Options:

Volume day - replace set of 5 with dead squats (not sure what percent of my sets across to use)

Volume day - do a 6th set (not likely as 5 sets crush me)

Intensity day - replace work set with 1 set of 5

Intensity day - as usual with 1 set of deads as a back off set

Intensity day - Skip intensity all together and do 1 set of 5 at 100% of volume day and then 1 back off set of dead squats.

Other options.

Also, after reading starting strength, it appears that deads are better done as singles for a single set of 5. How long between reps? What percent of the 5X5 weight is good to start and what should progression look like? Finally, since lighter weight is being used, am I compromising strength gains? I ask because I read somewhere (forgot where) that due to the starting strength required to fire off a dead squat, one must fire off many motor neurons at once despite the lighter weight, therefore mimicking the effect of full squatting with heavy weight, similar to a squat/deadlift effect. Is there merit to this theory?
    Last edited by OZ-USF-UFGator; 09-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.