starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron-Fest ATL

Default Iron-Fest ATL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Soooo, I've messed up my back pretty badly. Originally thought I pulled a muscle, started going through starr rehab and felt alot better. Fast forward 3 weeks and I've strained the same damn thing again. Long story short I wont be competing in ATL ironfest. Anyway to transfer my spot? Not looking for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    Soooo, I've messed up my back pretty badly. Originally thought I pulled a muscle, started going through starr rehab and felt alot better. Fast forward 3 weeks and I've strained the same damn thing again. Long story short I wont be competing in ATL ironfest. Anyway to transfer my spot? Not looking for a refund.
    You need to get in touch with Darren Jackson, the meet director in Atlanta. Since this is the first time we are holding these meets, there is no guarantee we will hold them again. I imagine your best choice would be to sell your spot to someone else, but Darren will tell you for sure.

Come anyway. Lift the empty bar if you have to. Doooo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Come anyway. Lift the empty bar if you have to. Doooo it.
    Tempted too, but knowing myself I will push it far more than I should. I dont wanna tempt fate.

Tempted too, but knowing myself I will push it far more than I should. I dont wanna tempt fate.
    Meh. I don't know if I'll be at 100%, as I messed up my back a week ago and it's only slowly getting better. I'm still going to go and lift as much as I can. If I have to lie unmoving in bed the next day, so be it.

My wife heard from Darren that (at this point), she's the only female registered for Atlanta.

Her reaction:

In case anyone missed the memo, he'll be holding an "Open House" this Saturday at 11:30 to meet and greet and to go over the rules.

So, Manimal, will we see you there?

I'll be there, gonna coach my buddy. This back thing isnt going away and Im guessing the injury isnt muscular at this point.

There have to be a bunch of Starting Strength lifters in Atlanta. Sign up for the meet. It will be fun.

starting strength coach development program
    I'll be there, gonna coach my buddy. This back thing isnt going away and Im guessing the injury isnt muscular at this point.
    All of that sounds exactly like my situation. Except I'm still lifting.

And I'm younger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast