starting strength gym
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Janet's Log

Default Janet's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all! I am not just fucking around, and I am competing, so I am moving my log here.

My name is Janet (pronounced Jinette – not Jaaaanet) and I posted in the Starting Strength Logs as Viola. For professional reasons I don’t want a Google search to show all my powerlifting logs as the first page of results, so no last name here either.

44years old, 180lb, 5’8”. Former runner. Longtime and still current soccer player. Lifting since Dec 2012. Struggled with hip tendinitis for much of 2013. Once that subsided, my second start at SS LP was in Nov 2013.

Latest meet results: July 26 Fargo Powerlifting Championship

Squat – 105kg (231.5lb)
    Bench Press – 60kg (132.2lb)
    DL – 130kg (286.6lb)
    Total – 295kg (650.4lb)

Currently signed up for the 17 Wing Powerlifting and Bench Championship on Nov. 23, 2014. I train at home, and at a great gym.

Switching to TM for powerlifters from PPST3 to prepare for my upcoming meet. I had been doing a short LP after resetting from after my last meet. I have made some significant adjustments on my bench press which have set me back schedule-wise – wider grip, different touch point, tucking elbows, and tightening my arch. So it’s not going as well as I had hoped, although it should help in the long run. Squat is also proving to be tough, because… it’s the squat? DL feels pretty strong at the moment.

Sunday – Volume Day

I have been eating a lot more than usual this week. It has helped noticeably. I credit my deadlifts today to the Rolo ice cream cake from Saturday night…

Squats

205lb 5,5,4,5,3 @ 9,9,9.5,9.5,9 Stopped at 3 on the last set because of pee.

Video of 4th set
    http://youtu.be/0x984Svr03k

Got a comment that I had the bar up too high on my back. Not easy to see in video. I was keeping the bar path pretty straight, I think, and getting depth better than usual. But my hips were definitely shooting back on the 3rd and 4th reps.

BP
    117.5lb 3,f;3;3;3;2
    95lb 1x8
    Working on arch and foot placement and touch spot. Didn’t always get it right. Wanted 5x5 – it wasn’t there.

DL
    221lb 1x2
    243lb 1x1

265lb 4,f. Felt really strong. But I clenched my jaw so hard it put my TMJ out of whack. I paused to adjust my jaw, and lost the 5th rep.
    Last edited by Viola; 10-21-2014 at 01:01 PM.

In the last few months I've been slowly bringing my grip out wider on bench. It didn't make too much difference until I started to do paused singles on intensity day. The wider grip gave me a huge increase in tightness and strength off the chest.

Woot, woot! Way to go!

following

And here I thought your name was actually Viola all this time, haha! Good luck with your training and your meet!

I'll be following along!

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    In the last few months I've been slowly bringing my grip out wider on bench. It didn't make too much difference until I started to do paused singles on intensity day. The wider grip gave me a huge increase in tightness and strength off the chest.
    Thanks for that. I need all the optimism about the long term that I can get.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    Woot, woot! Way to go!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by melody View Post
    following
    (smiley face)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
    And here I thought your name was actually Viola all this time, haha! Good luck with your training and your meet!
    Well you were supposed to think that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleli View Post
    I'll be following along!
    (smiley face)

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast