starting strength gym

Thread: 2 Questions about LA Seminar

Default 2 Questions about LA Seminar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi -- I live in LA and would love to attend the upcoming seminar in January. Unfortunately it is sold out (already!). Is there a waitlist, or anything I can do to increase my chances of being able to go? On the event page it says only that future availability will be announced via twitter, but I'm not on twitter and don't particularly want to join.

Second question: is it possible to receive any instruction in the Power Snatch at these seminars? I recently started doing them based on a youtube video I found of Rippetoe teaching the movement, but in-person tips would undoubtedly be helpful. Thanks.

I cannot speak for Stef on this one, but in general waitlists have not worked. People sign up, then forget about it, and don't sign up when a spot opens. All is not lost, however. There may be some more West Coast dates coming soon. Since nothing has been set in stone, I have nothing to post here. However, keep your eyes on the site.

We sometimes go over the power snatch in the seminars, especially for people who cannot rack the clean. The teaching progression is similar for both lifts. Depending upon time, it is a possibility. We'll probably want to see you clean, however, since the heavier weights used in that movement comport better with the aims of the program.

We do not keep "waitlists" as they turn out to be "wishlists" -- people jump on, but aren't serious about signing up. Chasing people around in the event of a transfer just isn't productive.

Instead of doing this, we post openings in our newsfeed (note that no joining is needed, but you do have to review the tweets). They may also be posted here, but the newsfeed is the primary place for notifications.

Okay, I'll keep an eye on the newsfeed for openings or new dates. Tom, I can rack the clean, just interested in doing snatches also. (I'm not a novice, would be taking the seminar to check my form and learn stuff in general.)

Thanks!

Definitely interested if a slot opens up in LA so I'll be watching for openings as well. Any morw news on additional West Coast dates?