starting strength gym

Thread: Stenosing Tenosynovitis

Default Stenosing Tenosynovitis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So apparently I've got stenosing tenosynovitis (trigger finger) in my left pinky finger. The steroid shots have been less than effective so I've got surgery scheduled for 12/23. I'm guessing I'll be out for a few weeks which means my gainz are going to go to shit.

Has anyone had any experience with trigger finger release surgery? If so how long was your recovery before you were back in the gym? I'm hoping I'll still be able to squat, bench, and press not too long afterwards. Pulling might be a different story simply due to gripping ability.

It started before I started SS so it's not from lifting.

Blah.
    Last edited by amsgator; 12-10-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Default stenosing tenosynovitis

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    So apparently I've got stenosing tenosynovitis (trigger finger) in my left pinky finger. -snip-
    Similar situation here -- pinky finger, right hand...

I was hoping to find an enlightening discussion, but trigger finger doesn't seem to be a very popular malady. Other than a passing mention to my family doc about six months ago, I've not yet been motivated to pursue any medical intervention, but the condition seems to have accelerated in the weeks since the COVID-19 interruption.

So apparently I've got stenosing tenosynovitis (trigger finger) in my left pinky finger. The steroid shots have been less than effective so I've got surgery scheduled for 12/23.
    I can agree on that opinion, that steroids can help not every person.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOpa View Post
    Similar situation here -- pinky finger, right hand...

I was hoping to find an enlightening discussion, but trigger finger doesn't seem to be a very popular malady. Other than a passing mention to my family doc about six months ago, I've not yet been motivated to pursue any medical intervention, but the condition seems to have accelerated in the weeks since the COVID-19 interruption.
    I had dequervains which is similar. Steroid injection helped but was temporary. Had release done and was lifting in a week and a half and back to normal lifts in 3.