starting strength gym

Thread: Taco's Log.

Default Taco's Log.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been meaning to start this log for a while, but for some reason I keep putting it off. Tonight, for the first time in my three years of lifting, I trained with someone else. It made me realize the value of a source of motivation outside of myself. Since the chance of finding a training partner are slim to none, I'm hoping this log will be close enough.

I've been training for roughly three years. I started off with Stronglifts, but quickly found and read Starting Strength and switched to Rips program. Went to Madcow after my beginner gains were tapped, then a bit of Texas Method, and I've been doing a 4-day split for the past year and a half.

For what its worth my stats are as follows:

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 255 lbs(started at 160)
    Squat: 490x2
    Bench: 240x3
    Deadlift: 530x3
    Press: 182x2

Like I said above, I'm currently using a 4 day split. This is what it looks like:

Monday
    -BP Heavy
    -Pr Volume
    -Curlz

Tuesday
    -Sq Heavy
    -DL

Thursday
    -Pr Heavy
    -BP Volume
    -Tri. Extensions

Friday
    -Sq Volume
    -Chinups
    -RDL's

For the past few month's my training has kind of fallen apart. Due to work, the holidays, and hunting season, diet and recovery have been less than optimal. I've also been fighting a pain in my hip that I think is coming from my SI joint. I've managed to make a little progress on my bench, my squat and press have gone no where, and my deadlift has regressed big time.

In summary; I'm fat, weak, and in need of someone to hold my hand.

Also, my grammar and spelling are awful. Criticism is welcome, but don't expect me to improve either.

Tonight's training:

Squat: 450x5
    Okay. Not staying tight enough in the bottom. Pretty tough.

Deadlift: 500x1, 450x5(didn't attempt)
    Okay as well. Warm up and 500 felt pretty solid. Got to running my mouth and cooled off before 450. Started to warm back up and hip pain got pretty bad so I didn't attempt it.

Probably started this at an odd time, but if I didn't do it today it probably wouldn't have gotten done. I'll be out of town for several days, and no where near a gym. So training will resume around the end of next week.

If I was a guy, I'd ask if I could make an EBDB entry here on your log. Since I'm not, can you tell me if I'm in the EBDB?

Have you considered that it's time for a programming change? you've been doing this 4 day split for the last year and a half. Sometimes it's good to switch things up. There's a lot of people doing block programming