starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The glassman

Default The glassman

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Realised I was logging out of my depth in the competitive section!

Here's me so far: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=54145

Age is 22 I noted from your link, but what is your height and weight?

I'm 6'2' and weigh around 202 lbs at the moment. Pretty sure you owe me a beer now.

Im steadily gaining weight though, a week ago i was maintaining on 4100kcals. My poor bank balance.
    Last edited by Dunk; 01-25-2015 at 07:22 PM.

A little on the light side. I'm not clear on the tradition concerning beer but sure I'll get you a beer if we should meet.

Yeah i am a little, i struggle to put weight on but I'm on it though. TBH Ive done alright in the genetics department but i think my weight has hindered me a bit. When i first started weightlifting i was 70kg at 6'2', i just have a very fast metabolism and an appetite like a bird.

Monday, 26/01/15

Squats: 157.5kg - 3x5, last set @9.5. These were really hard BUT my form was seriously on point today.
    Press: 65kg - 4, 62.5kg 2x5. Fuck you press. Planned 65-3x5. Gonna try something new
    Powerclean: 92.5kg 5x3. Felt pretty good, really concentrated on form
    Chins, 11,8
    Curls, 30x15

Wednesday, 28/01/15

Bench: 97.5kg - 3x5, felt smooooth
    Deadlift: 177.5kg x5, basically a cluster set because im having trouble getting into the right position after a rep. When i try the bar travels out infront of me.
    Didn't have time for anything else

Check where the bar is in relation to the middle of your foot. That's about 1-2" from your shin before you bend over. Bend over straight and don't let it roll forward. It might be possible that you need to back off a little from the weight in order to get control of the lift. I have to really concentrate when I reach my maximum weight to keep the bar on my shin. Best to you.

I thought this was the problem but I'm not sure it is. Ive got a video uploading as i type this and I'll post it here to see if you or otherws can see anything but what i think is happening is that I'm not getting back enough over my foot and starting my shoulders way out over the bar (which would make sense to why the bar wants to get away from me). This is annoying because ive done more than this in the past and never has this problem and infact my form feels awesome for the first rep that i set up for. Thanks Carson!

starting strength coach development program
    Shit day. Im a massive pussy.

Saturday, 31/01/15

Squat: 160kgx3, 150kg 2x5 - slept like shit the last few days and night shifts have fucked my over. Massively pussied out of the first set could've got 5 but just didn't have the drive. 150 felt easy.
    Press: 62.5kg 3x5 - bounced the reps in the bottom to see if it helps and it made a huge difference, definitely need to dial in the form though.
    Power Cleans: 97.5kg 3,3,2,1. Pussy.
    Chins for 7 mins laddered, total reps:31 , think I've had around 40 in 7 mins before.

Pussy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast