starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Press play on tape (again)

Default Press play on tape (again)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've had a talking to by Skillin. I'm leaving my somewhat sinking Texas Method ship, which I shouldn't have been on yet, and taking a position as a crewman on SS Advanced Novice for the foreseeable future.

Old log: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=40770

Starting Monday 23.02.2015, I shall be doing the following:

Week A
    Monday: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Power Clean 5x3
    Wednesday: Squat light, Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5
    Friday: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Power Clean 5x3

Week B
    Monday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, CGBP 2-3x6, Power Clean 5x3
    Wednesday: Squat light, Bench 3x5, Deadlift 1x5
    Friday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, CGBP 2-3x6, Power Clean 5x3

Last edited by ambivalens; 02-21-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ambivalens View Post
    I've had a talking to by Skillin. I'm leaving my somewhat sinking Texas Method ship, which I shouldn't have been on yet, and taking a position as a crewman on SS Advanced Novice for the foreseeable future.

Old log: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=40770

Starting Monday 23.02.2015, I shall be doing the following:

Week A
    Monday: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Power Clean 5x3
    Wednesday: Squat light, Press 3x5, Deadlift 1x5
    Friday: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Power Clean 5x3

Week B
    Monday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, Power Clean 5x3
    Wednesday: Squat light, Bench 3x5, Deadlift 1x5
    Friday: Squat 3x5, Press 3x5, Power Clean 5x3

skillin approves

Sunday 22.02.2015

2 hour walk in the hills, ankle deep in snow. Took the oldest girl and the dog out for a spin, and we worked hard! High pulse all the way up, and even made the trip down pretty rough by running, thus sinking even deeper into the snow with each step. Slept an hour when we got home. The dog is 100% out, she raced around us the whole trip, up and down and even into some of the smaller ponds and "lakes" along the hike. Greatest moment was watching her race at full speed over one of those, only too late realizing that the ice was paper thin and going through it. She came out pretty fast!

Beautiful weather today, around 0 degrees and sunny.

Monday 23.02.2015

Sleep: 3/10 - awake an infinite amount of times, feel more tired when getting out of bed than the evening before.

Week 1 of Advanced Novice.

Press: 3x5 55kg - these felt fine, slightly harder than they should have, but that's because I've been a douche and ignored the press for the last months.
    Squat: 3x5 115kg - first set felt hard as fuck, second felt hard, third felt pretty good. Tired from yesterdays long hill hike.
    CGBP: 3x5 80kg - easy.
    PC: 5x3 60kg - easy, but will soon enough become really hard. As soon as I pass 70kg everything goes to shit.

Need to eat more than I have been if I want to get anywhere with this program. Many carbs, handle them.

On a side note, a big ass guy walked into the gym today and benched 180kg. That made me feel puny. Needs moar oatmeal.

Dinner: 5 huge potatoes, more trout than you can shake a stick at, fatty sauce and 3 glasses of high protein milk. Here comes the train, god damn it.
    Last edited by ambivalens; 02-23-2015 at 10:33 AM.

I am eating like the world is going to run out of food, god damn it I hope it will pay off in the gym,

Wednesday 25.02.2015

Sleep: 5/10 - awake alot, but managed to rest up pretty well anyhow.

Week 1 of Advanced Novice.

Bench: 3x5 94kg - not easy, not too hard. Will be interesting to see if these can be pushed past 105kg for 3x5
    Deadlift: 1x5 140kg - real easy today.
    Squat: 3x5 80kg - very easy and nice, paused the last reps of each set at the bottom.

25 minutes of Around the world incline walk on treadmill, 4.8km/h.

Thursday 26.02.2015

Sleep: 2/10 - little girl whining all night.

60 minute walk, 30mins uphill. Half-deep snow, ankle deep. High pulse going uphill.

Friday 27.02.2015

Sleep: 3/10 - awake atleast 10 times, slept light like a feather. Tired as all hell all day. Only a mild headache. I need to remember that it will get better at some point. Currently the biggest challenge of lifting is psychological, motivation is lacking and will to work isn't there. Have to push through.

Squat: 3x5 117.5kg - heavy. Not worse than 115kg on Monday, so hopefully I will manage to adapt even though my sleeping is fucked.
    Press: 3x5 56kg - easy! Banged through the sets with only 3 minutes rest between, such a light weight it felt like. Odd.
    PC: 5x3 62.5kg - moderate effort. First rep is super super easy, second is okay, third is hard. Every set. No matter the weight it seems ...
    CGBP: 3x5 81kg - super easy today, almost effortless. God damn my upper body, I want strong squats! Not this shit.. need to be better, work harder.

Good session, all things considered. All I want for christmas is 2-3 nights of good, deep sleep. When I get a night like that once in a while it feels like God him/herself has smiled upon me.

Sunday 01.03.2015

Sleep: 2/10 - abysmal.

Brosession in the basement with my main bro.

Some paused benches, some LTEs, some paused 45% squats, some curlz, some warmupweight 10 rep sets of presses. Nice and easy and just a social thing. Real session tomorrow.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ambivalens View Post
    Brosession in the basement with my main bro.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast