starting strength gym

Thread: Seattle Seminar

Default Seattle Seminar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I attended the Seattle seminar and I left without turning in my feedback form. So here goes. I really got what I paid for out of that seminar. Other seminars I've been to always cut it short everyday, started late, etc. No the case here, we Trained! The coaches were extremely knowledgeable, paid attention, and provided honest assessments. The students were very attentive, friendly, and helpful. And a really great gym to train in. Well worth the money, I got more than I paid for. The other Seattle Seminar thread was closed, sorry about the new thread.

We are glad you came out for it. Thanks for posting the feedback.

I posted some feedback here.

Yeah, you guys were awesome. Thanks again.

Tom, where do all those pictures end up that you took? Do those ever get posted anywhere?

Firstly, thanks to both of you for attending the seminar and thanks to Kurt for the review.

On to the photos... The pictures sit on hard drives in my apartment waiting to be called into action for various marketing purposes. Some of them get posted on Facebook, usually on The Aasgaard Company's Facebook wall. Some wind up in articles written by Rip. I normally do not go through and process them all because that takes a lot of time and no one is paying me to do so. I have a lot of pictures of people squatting. A lot. Gigabytes worth. All of them require time and energy to be selected, cropped, and toned. I have no plans to release all of them publicly at this time.

I completely agree, an amazing experience all around! Every coach was awesome and definitely improved my knowledge and technique in every one of the 5 main lifts. Thanks again Tom for coaching me on the squats, the new cues that were taught have improved my form and I've been using them ever since. I've had no tendinitis in the arms since the seminar and I attribute that to learning how to properly execute the lifts. More than worth the money paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I normally do not go through and process them all because that takes a lot of time and no one is paying me to do so.
    And you don't really know how much time until you actually try this out for yourself.

Remember that Tom isn't just some guy snapping pictures - he approaches the work as a professional, with standards, expensive equipment and a reputation. So dumping the whole lot on a photo stream is not an option.

Maybe one day he'll have an assistant/intern around who can screen the images, process them, and set up a way for other parties who are interested in his work to view and purchase the images. That's probably what would be needed for more people to have access to his efforts.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    And you don't really know how much time until you actually try this out for yourself.

Remember that Tom isn't just some guy snapping pictures - he approaches the work as a professional, with standards, expensive equipment and a reputation. So dumping the whole lot on a photo stream is not an option.

Maybe one day he'll have an assistant/intern around who can screen the images, process them, and set up a way for other parties who are interested in his work to view and purchase the images. That's probably what would be needed for more people to have access to his efforts.

Understood. I was just curious and certainly didn't mean to make it sound like I was downplaying any efforts.

Back to the topic at hand: Thanks again. I can't tell you how worth it this seminar was and I haven't stopped talking it up to anyone willing to listen ever since. I know I speak for many people when I say what you guys are doing is truly unbelievable. I am truly humbled to have been taught by each and every one of you.