starting strength gym
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ataraxia_kai_aponia: Starting Strength Log

Default ataraxia_kai_aponia: Starting Strength Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just switched to Starting Strength after a few years of a periodized mixed hypertrophy/strength training program. I am very excited to see my new gains on this program! Doing these exercises with the form Rip teaches feels great!

My deets:

Height: 5' 3"
    Weight: ~140 lbs

Starting w/ most recent workout (Sess 3)

SS Log 1: (3/17)

Squat: 110
    Bench: 85
    Deadlift: 115

Glad to be here!!!
    Last edited by ataraxia_kai_aponia; 03-19-2015 at 09:26 AM.

SS Log 2:

Squat: 115
    Press: 65
    Deadlift: 120

All pretty tough, but still manageable. I am finding coordinating the correct movements w/ the press fairly difficult!

Hello, wifey! Great job today!

It great to see husbands and wives working together on this very great program.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    It great to see husbands and wives working together on this very great program.
    Thanks! Having a workout partner is great, especially at this early stage when we are trying to get the moves down. I'm just lucky that my partner also happens to be my husband .

Quote Originally Posted by OckhamsRazor View Post
    Hello, wifey! Great job today!
    Thanks! You too!

SS Log 3 (3/21):

Squat: 120
    Bench: 90
    Deadlift: 135

I need to pay more attention to extending my butt as I descend into my squats. My bench was very difficult, but I managed to get it done. My deadlift is still a bit too light.

SS Log 4 (3/24):

Squat:125
    OH Press: 70x4, 70x5, 65x5
    Deadlift: 145

My OHP form was pretty bad today. I was able to maintain decent form until I reached my work-sets, so I am going to step back my weight to 60 next time, and then build it up in 1 lb increments. I am a little frustrated with that, but otherwise it was overall a pretty decent work out.

SS Log 5 (3/26)

Squat: 130
    Bench: 90
    Clean: 90

On my second to last rep of my final set on squats I leaned too far forward at the bottom and popped my back as I tried to lift out of the position. I managed to straighten out without assistance, but it freaked me out, so I didn't complete the set. There wasn't any sharp pain, just a general sense of discomfort and psychologically I was a bit alarmed. I added cleans to the routine today and I was able to do them without any back discomfort, so I am not too worried about long term adverse effects from the "pop". Having said that, I am still a little weirded out as I have never experienced anything quite like that before; the auditory component was probably the most alarming aspect of it all!

I somehow miscalculated my bench weight and I should have gone up to 95 today. But, to be honest, I am not even sure I could have completed 95, because 90 is still pretty damned hard for me. Related to this, I have ordered small plates and am waiting on them to arrive, so that I can build on bench an OHP without stalling out.
    Last edited by ataraxia_kai_aponia; 03-26-2015 at 11:23 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Nice numbers! I wouldn't worry too much about your back right now, just take it easy and hopefully it was nothing that's going to set you back for too long. Good luck!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast