starting strength gym

Thread: Taking control of my life at 42 thanks to starting strength method

Default Taking control of my life at 42 thanks to starting strength method

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have battled with my weight most of my life. In college I was diagnosed with a fatty liver and was told to lose weight and eat low fat foods. No matter how many diets and work out programs I tried I was never truly successful in my battle. As I got older I had to start different cholesterol and blood pressure medicines. I am an active person who still loves to play on softball and basketball teams. Past few years I have gotten reoccurring injuries when I play. My wife says my snoring had gotten worse than ever and I found my clothes were having some trouble fitting. My wife started lifting with Inna at Studio Inna and in 2 months time I saw her body transform. I decided I was intrigued enough to want to try it myself. At the same time I started a no carb, low sugar and lean protein diet. Inna had the patience of a saint for putting up with me and I have to thank her and the Starting Strength program for changing my life forever. I was nervous I would hurt myself lifting and actually it was the opposite. I am no longer injuring myself when I play sports and my pants are practically falling down. Best and most important part my doctor called with my results after my physical. My liver tests are all normal, I no longer need as much medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol and my doctor said he hasn't seen me this healthy since I'm a teen. These results are all just from lifting and changing my eating habits for 3 months. Can't wait to see what the future brings! I have changed my life forever so that I can be here for my wife and kids. PRICELESS!

Congratulations, keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing!

Congratulations Jakx521! I am a 43 year old dude who is just getting started on the strength phase of my transformation. As I started a low carb weight loss program, my Dr. recommended Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. That book was invaluable for dropping weight. I am down 80 since the start of the year. Now, that I am at a good weight, a blogger I read connected Taubes with Rippetoe and was commenting about the people who have been helped.

Tales like yours are a great motivation as I try to get "Big" again, but this time doing it with muscle instead of fat?

Thanks for sharing...and buy some new pants, man!